Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone purchased and installed the illuminated tailgate scuff plate part 31659003? Its an optional interior accessory. I just ordered one online from a dealer at a discount. I hope it fits the recharge and has a plug inside - the picture looks cool.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I got the part today, with zero instructions. However, I eventually found some online that may have been for the XC40 gas model, as it appeared to need an additional wire harness. There is no mention of an extra wire harness needed for the recharge... but I cannot find a place to plug it in.... NUTS!

Installation instructions, accessories
Volvo Car Corporation Gothenburg, Sweden
XC40 2020

Instruction NoVersionPart. No.
Click to download PDF-version of this Installation Instruction
316590061.032353297, 31659003
Luggage compartment sill moulding​

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I am definitely getting too old. I forgot there IS a wiring harness in the box, but no instructions. Looks like the pdf attached above is correct. Will be trying this later, will post results.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Well I am definitely getting too old. I forgot there IS a wiring harness in the box, but no instructions. Looks like the pdf attached above is correct. Will be trying this later, will post results.
I installed it about six weeks ago - be prepared it will take about 4 hours and you have to remove alot of trim panels in the car. Also the additional harness is a Y connector so you have to disconnect some of the existing wiring and use the Y harness connector - in the end it was worth it - looks good.
Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille Hood

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well as Welland indicated, it did take a couple of hours but the instructions in the pdf above were pretty accurate, if not a bit cryptic. There are only a couple of bolts to remove, and all the panels are hand-removable and have metal clips so none of them were broken. It does look good and the lighting is fairly subtle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts