Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seriously thinking of canceling my XC 40 recharge pre-order.. I’d like to I have comment on my rationale for doing so. Of the lease-purchase options, I tend to favor the lease. My reasoning is that the XC 40 will depreciate dramatically and I don’t want to bear that risk which I would be doing by purchasing. The relativ mileage limitation, battery inefficiency and the original high price lead to this conclusion
On a lease, my local dealer quoted $870 per month for a three-year, 10,000 miles/year lease with $5000 down. Comparing this to a Tesla model Y, it’s about $12,000 more over three years. At this point I think I have talked myself into canceling my preorder purely based on price because I liked car very much when I drove it a couple of times. Again, I’d like input/thoughts from anyone so inclined.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am seriously thinking of canceling my XC 40 recharge pre-order.. I’d like to I have comment on my rationale for doing so. Of the lease-purchase options, I tend to favor the lease. My reasoning is that the XC 40 will depreciate dramatically and I don’t want to bear that risk which I would be doing by purchasing. The relativ mileage limitation, battery inefficiency and the original high price lead to this conclusion
On a lease, my local dealer quoted $870 per month for a three-year, 10,000 miles/year lease with $5000 down. Comparing this to a Tesla model Y, it’s about $12,000 more over three years. At this point I think I have talked myself into canceling my preorder purely based on price because I liked car very much when I drove it a couple of times. Again, I’d like input/thoughts from anyone so inclined.
Agreed, that's one of the reasons I cancelled mine too. unless you are planning on owning this vehicle for at least seven years it is not worth buying because the depreciation will be severe, particularly because this vehicle has very poor range and efficiency and other EVs will eclipse it dramatically over the next couple years, and in fact many others already do at the same price point. That is not a good deal for the lease so I would not go through with it. After canceling my order I purchased a Ford Mustang Mach-E from a local dealer who had one in stock from a pre-order cancellation. It is an excellent vehicle so I would recommend taking a look at those. It is a very worthy competitor to the Volvo in my opinion and far better build quality than the Model Y.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts