Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Definitely not working. Passed several deer on roadside and no alarm. I doubt the XC40 has this functionality as promoted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Other threads imply that this isn't how this feature works. It doesn't identify deer on the side of the road. It identifies deer ON the road, the ones you are in danger of smacking.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Definitely not working. Passed several deer on roadside and no alarm. I doubt the XC40 has this functionality as promoted.
Jeff was correct. It does not detect harmless deer on the side of the road (why should it?) But basically it works like the pedestrian emergency braking system. As soon as the object attempted to cross the path of the car, the car will brake faster than you can react.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Other threads imply that this isn't how this feature works. It doesn't identify deer on the side of the road. It identifies deer ON the road, the ones you are in danger of smacking.
I had a parade of deer on the road in front of me yesterday - like not even 10 feet away... my vehicle did not sound an alarm. So much for that feature, eh?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there is currently a vehicle safety recall for the XC40 Model Year 2109 and 2020. It states that due to a software issue, the Automatic Emergency Brake System, a function of the Intellisafe system may not engage which could increase the risk of collision. I am currently waiting for a date for this update but due to the garages currently being closed I am hoping this will be updated soon

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi there is currently a vehicle safety recall for the XC40 Model Year 2109 and 2020. It states that due to a software issue, the Automatic Emergency Brake System, a function of the Intellisafe system may not engage which could increase the risk of collision. I am currently waiting for a date for this update but due to the garages currently being closed I am hoping this will be updated soon
Is there a way to alert Volvo that the recent recall software update has a side effect of disabling the Blind Side Monitor system (passenger side)?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is there a way to alert Volvo that the recent recall software update has a side effect of disabling the Blind Side Monitor system (passenger side)?
Yikes - I recently had the recall completed - I'll test this today -

Thanks for the heads up

Matt

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yikes - I recently had the recall completed - I'll test this today -

Thanks for the heads up

Matt
Yes... I canceled my recall software update because of the Blind Side not working... would love to know if you see this (or hopefully not).

·
Registered
2020 T5 Momentum
16 Posts
I purchased in March and when I checked with Volvo--my car already had the update. And the passenger blind spot warning works fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same here. Mine was delivered in April with update already installed and both sides working.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts