Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Too many things make LA not assist. First, it often can't find suitable markings - no fog stripe, fading center line. Nudge the wheel and LA assumes you're clever enough to know you've crossed the center stripe. Of course a break in striping stops LA. Poor visibility (e.g., rain, fog, snow, dust storms, and, no doubt, plagues of locusts or frogs falling from the sky) sends LA back to sleep.

Pilot Assistant, OTOH, works like a hunting dog in deer season. While it uses the same sensors as LA, it processes the data differently. Why this is so escapes me. Clearly it escapes the good people in Gothenberg, Sweden and the good people in Ghent, Belgium. Grrr...

I've watched PA manage fairly tight radius turns. Coming out of the turn, the PA heads for the fog stripe. Very... ah... stimulating to see the car try to kiss the Armco, trees, pedestrians, etc. scary etc.

A gripe about all PA's: whyinheck is there no ding when PA goes back to "you have the controls, bozo". This is a complaint about all of the cars I've rented. No doubt the cars do ding. Of course.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sight... RTFM, RTFM, RTFM... As in Read The Fine Manual. In the XC40, Lane Assist doesn't do its job until 40 MPH. Past that, it does a good job. But only above 40??? Oh, well, it is what it is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts