Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just at a charging station and noticed the in car display was showing KW charging rate instead of the usual volt/amp. Don’t know when that started appearing, but I don’t remember changing any settings for it.

·
Registered
XC40 P8 Recharge 2021
16 Posts
I think it came with the June 2021 s/w update, that's when I noticed the change. Caveat - this was in the UK - not sure if there is any difference between UK/US/CA s/w versions.

·
Registered
170 Posts
We have the most recent (or 2nd to most recent) software update and it was included in that. Prior it just shows miles per hour which is a horrid way to express power going into the battery. Kilowatts is far more correct and ideal. To the same, I prefer to show my battery SOC as a % not as miles, because the miles are a guess/approximation. Really seeing both would be ideal for most consumers.

But yeah the TL;DR is that the most recent software changes DC fast charging to be expressed as KW charging which is a more natural and ideal way to show things.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Ohh I will add that to the reasons for getting the update list.

Was going to ask did they give us range to zero … it I realized that range to zero has a lot less meaning in an ev as power goes down as we get under 10% and you never want to hit zero ….

I would love options.
miles to zero
Miles to 10%
miles to x%
Percentage charge

I use percentage charge at destination a lot as to define how I drive :)

Reactions: arijaycomet
1 - 4 of 4 Posts