Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to keep the headlights and other exterior lights turned on when the driver exits the car?

I have been told that one of my lights is out but when I attempt to confirm it myself by exiting the vehicle, the lights automatically turn off. This appears to happen no mater what setting the Lighting Ring on the left of the steering wheel is set to.

Lighting control and panel | Lighting | Lighting | XC40 2021 | Volvo Support

Wayne

· Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
535 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the suggestion of using the Home Safe Lighting. I gave it a try and it did turn on some lights but not all of them. It turned on the upper Low Beam lights and the Running Lights.

I suspect the light my friend said was out was one of the Corning Lights due to how my steering wheel was turned. I would still like a way to check the lights for myself.

Another option would be for the Car Status app to have a diagnostic page for the lights. I would assume the car can detect when some, if not all, the lights are working properly.

Wayne

Vehicle Photograph Car Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

Attachments

· Registered
38 Posts
Is there a way to keep the headlights and other exterior lights turned on when the driver exits the car?

I have been told that one of my lights is out but when I attempt to confirm it myself by exiting the vehicle, the lights automatically turn off. This appears to happen no mater what setting the Lighting Ring on the left of the steering wheel is set to.

Lighting control and panel | Lighting | Lighting | XC40 2021 | Volvo Support

Wayne
Easy way to check headlights yourself: Drive into a business parking lot (business closed for the night). Pick a business with a glass store front or ground to ceiling windows. Point car towards building. Look at headlight reflections in the darkened glass. Did this with a rental car that was unclear how to operate/ set headlights.

Hope this helps.

· Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge
416 Posts
Also, remember when you turn the steering wheel, even a little, one of the Fog Lights comes on in the direction you are turning. The other stays off. That gets confusing for some who think one Fog light is out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts