Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when i originally bought my car new from the dealer i purchased the 100k 10 year warranty. However, I’m a commuter and realized i drive way too much and would hit the 100k well before 10 years. So i contacted the dealer in feb to get a different warranty. Unfortunately, the procedure is for me to cancel my current extended warranty and purchase a cheaper one. The dealer i purchased it from made the process extremely difficult. I’ve had to follow up with them on numerous occasions and wouldn’t get a call back. I’ve experienced this before and while i understand dealers aren’t in a rush to cancel the warranty you’d think they’d be a little more quick considering i was planning on purchasing a different one from them but no. So i decided that after 4 months later and still no warranty refund i would be using a different dealer to purchase my Volvo warranty.
I saw that Steingold Volvo in Pawtucket, RI actually is transparent enough to put all of their pricing and plans online. Even though everything was clearly stated online, i called them anyways with some questions. Michael returned my phone call within the hour and went over everything with me, i purchased over the phone and E signed. It was super easy and didn’t require a trip to the dealership. Definitely recommend for the best bang for your buck and if you want to make the most informative purchase.

·
Super Moderator
260 Posts
Thanks for sharing your experience. I see Steingold mentioned all the time and I agree, transparency goes a long way towards confidence. And a confident purchase will bring you back. Wish more dealers realized that. I also had a terrible time canceling gap insurance we'd purchased through a Ford dealership a couple cars ago. By law you can cancel directly with the insurance company but it took a letter from a lawyer before the dealer signed off on the paperwork for me to get the refund. Guess which dealership I never returned to for service or anything else. Anyway, if I decide to keep my XC40 past warranty, I'll give Steingold a call.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for sharing your experience. I see Steingold mentioned all the time and I agree, transparency goes a long way towards confidence. And a confident purchase will bring you back. Wish more dealers realized that. I also had a terrible time canceling gap insurance we'd purchased through a Ford dealership a couple cars ago. By law you can cancel directly with the insurance company but it took a letter from a lawyer before the dealer signed off on the paperwork for me to get the refund. Guess which dealership I never returned to for service or anything else. Anyway, if I decide to keep my XC40 past warranty, I'll give Steingold a call.
I’ve had problems with dealers in the past as well. In most states if you file a complaint with the Secretary of State and have a paper trail they’ll handle it with the dealer within a week or two free of charge.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts