Volvo XC40 Forum banner

Just ordered 2023 C40 in SoCal

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Voltvo 
#1 ·
Hi there,

Super pumped, we just put our deposit in for a 2023 C40. Our salesman stated that it should arrive between 11/4 - 11/15. How accurate are these lead times from the local dealers?

We reside in San Diego, CA.
Thanks for the help!

#4 ·
If you cruise back through recent new members' posts you should see a selection of delivery times and discussions to support the posts. I'm in Boise, idaho, where the dealer has been allocated two, 10-car shipments of the C40 arriving October-December and January-April. Recent posts here om the forum suggest the factory shipment will transit the Pananma Canal and dock in Tacoma WA for distribution to the north and northwest dealerships. Your regional allocation may be on the same ship and presumably it will dock in Long Beach (or possibly San Diego if Volvo has a port of entry). It's all wild speculation and fun to fantasize. If you receive more information form your dealer, please update.

#5 ·
It really depends on the market. I could buy a XC40 twin MY23 ready for delivery in Brazil. Just walk in the dealer on August 31st and schedule the delivery for September 16th. No mark ups. Same price as in website and a free Volvo Wallbox. Brazil received a big shipment of XC40 twin last month and there are still some in stock. Several C40 planned for this month. However, there are no single motor available here in the near future.
The single motor XC40 is cheaper than a Bolt here and have a very high demand.

#6 ·
We got ours from Volvo Escondido here in SD and the delivery date was pretty accurate. We found one that was "on the ship" through the volvo website and it was about the same timeframe. If you are ordering off the website and they don't have it in inventory currently then it would be a lot longer because they have to put it in the factory queue and the dealer should know that. But let us know when you do get it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.