Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new xc40 Twin Ultimate today. It seems that they get so few and for such a short amount of time the sales people are not able to answer all the questions and do not understand all the features. I am trying to get my Volvo app to show that status of my battery that is charging now and cannot find anything to tell me how to activate this. Very frustrating!

· Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
1,493 Posts
Picked up my new xc40 Twin Ultimate today. It seems that they get so few and for such a short amount of time the sales people are not able to answer all the questions and do not understand all the features. I am trying to get my Volvo app to show that status of my battery that is charging now and cannot find anything to tell me how to activate this. Very frustrating!
Welcome and congratulations on your new car. Do you have the app set up on your phone, and is it showing the lock/unlock status? Can you lock and unlock the car using the app? For many of us, the battery state of charge (SOC) % randomly shows up...so it could just be that issue where the app is not very reliable if the app has been properly set up and the phone paired to your car correctly.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forums. There are some threads on here that provide information about how to setup the app. Search function may help there. Good luck and enjoy the new car.
I have set the app up. Based on what I am reading in the forums the charging information has issues. The time listed to complete charge is correct but the % charged is wrong. App says 51%; car says 76%. Lock and unlock work not sure about prestart as I have not tried it yet. Thanks for your response.

· Registered
784 Posts
I have set the app up. Based on what I am reading in the forums the charging information has issues. The time listed to complete charge is correct but the % charged is wrong. App says 51%; car says 76%. Lock and unlock work not sure about prestart as I have not tried it yet. Thanks for your response.
It may take a few days to stabilize - not sure why but if you give it some time it seems to sort itself out.

· Registered
549 Posts
No problem @sherpa … and as a @Welland canada recharge said… the app is buggy, but usually stabilizes after a few days. Most of us either went months with it not working, only to have the app suddenly stop working, or…. Others like ourselves where the app worked great for a few months, and has been flaky since with days of no data. It’s def a work in progress. Having said that— the app is ancillary to the enjoyment of the car!

· Registered
598 Posts
Picked up my new xc40 Twin Ultimate today.
...The sales people are not able to answer all the questions and do not understand all the features...
Congratulations on becoming a new owner of the XC40 Twin Ultimate!
You may already have access to these reference documents, but I thought it might be helpful to pass them along.
There seems like a lot of useful information in both the Owner's Manual and the Quick Guide.
Regarding your experience with the Volvo Cars app, some apps seem to work better with a strong WiFi connection versus an LTE cell connection. Have you tried both?

XC40 Recharge Pure Electric 2022 | Volvo Support (volvocars.com)

Attachments

· Registered
598 Posts
Just one more thing. I happen to love using YouTube as a reference when encountering new tasks. You may have seen all the many videos which cover Volvo technology. Attached below is just one example.

· Premium Member
154 Posts
... the sales people are not able to answer all the questions and do not understand all the features.
So far, that has been my experience too. I don't think Volvo has done a good job training their dealer sales force to be knowledgeable regarding the new all-electric vehicles. I hope they're doing a better job getting their service technicians up to speed.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congratulations on becoming a new owner of the XC40 Twin Ultimate!
You may already have access to these reference documents, but I thought it might be helpful to pass them along.
There seems like a lot of useful information in both the Owner's Manual and the Quick Guide.
Regarding your experience with the Volvo Cars app, some apps seem to work better with a strong WiFi connection versus an LTE cell connection. Have you tried both?

XC40 Recharge Pure Electric 2022 | Volvo Support (volvocars.com)
Thanks for your response. Yes I have tried with wifi and over cell. The weird thing is my husband has the xc60 hybred. I have both cars on my app. I get complete data on the 60 including complete stats on battery. On the 40 it says "status unknown".

· Registered
598 Posts
Thanks for your response. Yes I have tried with wifi and over cell. The weird thing is my husband has the xc60 hybred. I have both cars on my app. I get complete data on the 60 including complete stats on battery. On the 40 it says "status unknown".
First off, I do not yet own a Volvo, so consider the source! Ha!
I saw the YouTube video attached below. I advanced the video to the point where they address the state of charge. Is this helpful?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.