Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of my P8 today! It is an ultimate glacial silver. I got the OEM all weather mats (which are way too thin btw - I would not get these again), hitch for my MTB, the styling kit (which I am really glad I did), roof load bars, the cargo cage separator to keep my dog and stuff from climbing over/flying around, and the front windows ceramic tinted. On Monday of next week I will be getting the rest of the goodies that I added: Driftwood interior trim swap, illuminated scuff plate, and ceramic coating on the paint. So far I love this thing - so fun to swoosh around. Im attaching a pic of me charging for free in the wild just for nothing other than the sake of learning the process. Ill post a few more photos the dealer sent to me before I picked it up.

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Car

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Glacier Silver XC40 Recharge P8
181 Posts
I also have the glacier silver and like it better than I thought I would. It was my #2 choice, but now glad I have it. I like how it changes hues depending on the lighting. Enjoy yours -- I do mine (4 months, 2500 miles).

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Have you done the full all the way down hard and fast swoosh from 0 and been amazed at the traction and acceleration that does not end?

Have you accidentally done a full pedal down on the high way and been hit with the acceleration and thought mmm maybe there should be a little delay before full power :)

Happy swooshing

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congrats and welcome! If you don’t mind me asking, what did the hitch cost installed?
It was $1245 through the online portal when I ordered the car. Pricey, but I wanted it done and with the car being electric I didnt know if aftermarket options were viable. It would have been more expensive to not choose it and have a dealer do it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It was $1245 through the online portal when I ordered the car. Pricey, but I wanted it done and with the car being electric I didnt know if aftermarket options were viable. It would have been more expensive to not choose it and have a dealer do it.
I didn't do the hitch but I totally agree its usually worth the cost if you need one to have it done at either the dealer or a reputable place.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I use my Jeep JKU for that so I totally get it
what hitch mount do you use for your bikes? im looking at getting kuat or a 1up. the 1up is enticing to me because i can have a single tray back there instead of a double. i use a single tray 99% of the time, but occasionally want a double. so it makes more sense to me to have a setup where i can have a single tray. idk. i tend to way over think things like this. plus, im looking at how they are made and where i would mount lights to avoid the rear parking sensor issue (if lights are plugged into the hitch wiring then the rear parking sensors don't go haywire each time I reverse).

·
Registered
52 Posts
what hitch mount do you use for your bikes? im looking at getting kuat or a 1up. the 1up is enticing to me because i can have a single tray back there instead of a double. i use a single tray 99% of the time, but occasionally want a double. so it makes more sense to me to have a setup where i can have a single tray. idk. i tend to way over think things like this. plus, im looking at how they are made and where i would mount lights to avoid the rear parking sensor issue (if lights are plugged into the hitch wiring then the rear parking sensors don't go haywire each time I reverse).
Allen Sports (mine is a 4 bike rack)

·
Registered
2021 Volvo P8. MFD 1/21. 20" ride. OTA 11/02. White aka ORKA.
691 Posts
What can I say......another BEAUTY out in the wild..... the trim is a great touch, haven't seen it before! Would you mind sharing pics after the Trim swap ? 5 months and 5K miles later, I'm STILL looking for excuses to drive the Car to a point of....
"...WHY are you always randomly sneaking out.....are you having an affair...."
"...well YES....DUH!"

CONGRATULATIONS!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What can I say......another BEAUTY out in the wild..... the trim is a great touch, haven't seen it before! Would you mind sharing pics after the Trim swap ? 5 months and 5K miles later, I'm STILL looking for excuses to drive the Car to a point of....
"...WHY are you always randomly sneaking out.....are you having an affair...."
"...well YES....DUH!"

CONGRATULATIONS!
will do

1 - 20 of 56 Posts