Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all- I was happy to find an active forum for XC40 owners and thought I'd introduce myself.

My first car was a Volvo sedan bought via Craigslist (a different time!) and I've always had an affinity for the brand. Thanks to COVID and some other factors, I decided to finally give up the public transit lifestyle and get an EV - a 2022 XC40 Recharge Ultimate in Denim Blue.

So far, I love the car! Really appreciate the smooth ride and comfortable interior. I also am enjoying Android Automotive, although it seems like there are some bugs others are describing on this forum. The dealer installed the v1.7 software update before I picked it up, so not sure if that's why I haven't had much issue (yet?). Apple CarPlay would be nice, but for my needs (music/podcasts, maps including charging station access, vehicle charging settings), the native system works very well.

I also test drove the Polestar 2 and the Audi e-tron. Didn't want to wait for the Q4 e-tron and heard Audi is nickel-and-diming customers on a lot of features, so it came down to Polestar and the XC40. I'm very happy with my choice!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Welcome to the world of swooshing :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Was in my wife in her Ascent next to a P8 for about 3 seconds today. Could barely get a good look at it before it went into warp speed and disappeared

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
388 Posts
Welcome! Long-time Volvo owner here also in a Recharge Twin (guess it would be “ultimate” spec in US nomenclature as it comes with every option “included” here in Australia).

The Polestar 2 has been launched in AUS now, and pricing confirms that almost everything is optional here including the home charge cable!! So, to get a comparably-equipped Polestar 2 (vs. the XC40 Recharge Twin with “everything”) the Polestar 2 is about $18,000AUD more expensive including tax/license/registration fees. Interesting...and that is WITHOUT the P2 Performance Pack (that’s an additional ~$8k. Not sure how pricing compares in other markets, but I was surprised by that. The Polestar 2 has like a $5K comfort pack, $6K tech pack, leather is like $7K (included ventilated seats, which the XC40 doesn’t have, but XC does have leather here in AUS)...XC has opening sunroof with shade (P2 just has fixed glass roof). Anyway, just saying the XC40 Recharge is a good deal here! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts