Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
XC40 P8 2021 - Sage Green
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A French car designer recently highlighted that the front of the XC40, the way it it "skewed", is reminiscent of 80s BMW (video here, in French). And I kind of like it.
I think the new design loses that since it's being smoothed out. But not bad afterall.

Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Wheel Grille
Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
236 Posts
Looks like it! I think the new front end looks a bit softer...maybe suits the C40 better than the XC40 but I guess it’s probably a bit more aerodynamic. Glad we got the 2022 in red as I don’t see the red on the German configuration website (guess it’s been replaced by the Fjord Blue?) Could depend on market I suppose. I do kinda like the C40 5-spoke wheels as I think they would be a lot easier to clean than the MY21/22 20-inch wheels...but I like the look of the current 20-inch wheels a bit better.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Really wish a different interior had been offered for 21 Recharge. I love wool seats.

·
Registered
‘22 XC40 Recharge Twin in Denim Blue
185 Posts
I like the design of the current model. I was afraid the seat material was going to be a lint magnet. I do want to see how the seats feel during the summer months, I have a feeling they’re on the hot side.
Now, wool seats are really nice.

·
Registered
315 Posts
It appears to be just the C40 wheels/front end grafted onto the XC40. It has the ambient light/dash treatment of the C40 as well, with what appears to be an animal free (wool?) interior bits. I'm totally cool with what I see here, though I think the XC40 we have looks fine as is. But I see the C40 "grille" treatment as better, and smoother, and perhaps more aero friendly? I'm more excited for the next-gen XC40 which hopefully stays "Volvo" but gets a better coefficient of drag. We need more range! :)

·
Registered
XC40 P8 2021 - Sage Green
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
But I see the C40 "grille" treatment as better, and smoother, and perhaps more aero friendly?
Right, probably more aero-friendly. But I'm sure I'll keep seeing the current XC40 as a future classic. I remember back in 2016 when Volvo unveiled the 2 concepts which would became the XC40 and the Polestar 2 a few years later. A true "wow" effect for me. It still works.

Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

·
Registered
193 Posts
I’m sure some of this is just a matter of getting used to, but I prefer the stronger look of the headlight treatment in the original.

Reactions: Albator and Greg S
1 - 11 of 11 Posts