Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Andriod auto has zero connection in my car right now and Bluetooth audio stopped working and even tho I'm in my free data ATT can't find my vin. Also the XC40 can't see my mobile.hotspot....and GPS isn't working....
Vehicle Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Plant
any recommendations or do I take my new volvo in for service?

Map World Font Rectangle Screenshot

Map Gadget Display device Technology Font

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Also it will probably be working in the morning after a deep sleep. If however it happens more than twice I would book an appointment with the car doctors.

Reactions: Ces

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
434 Posts
It appears that your TCAM unit has fallen asleep. There is a TCAM reboot operation, by holding down the front defrost button for 30 seconds, but I think that only works when the TCAM is awake.
Therefore, as @SeattleCat suggests, your car needs to enter a deep sleep in order for it to go through the wake up routine again and hopefully resurrect the TCAM module.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
My dealers seems to think if you don't lock your car in your garage then it does not go into the deepest sleep states. They have been suggesting to me to lock it in the garage to help with IHU issues.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
That makes sense. Was something brought up in another thread about locking and deeper sleep.

However as much as I like the sleep concept it should not really rely on it. On the flip side I have owned devices that everyone hated as the failed all the while that worked perfectly with daily resets :)

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
That makes sense. Was something brought up in another thread about locking and deeper sleep.

However as much as I like the sleep concept it should not really rely on it. On the flip side I have owned devices that everyone hated as the failed all the while that worked perfectly with daily resets :)

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I might buy this, but oddly my IHU issues lately are right after car sat locked while sitting unlocked over night I had no issues. In the end Volvo is a mess with this software, not sure how much is Google vs. Volvo. Latest issue is out of nowhere the IHU will not respond to voice commands. Audio stops working as I can turn the radio on with no sound, try turning the volume up no sound, switch stations no sound. Ask Google temp out side, the status line comes up so it recognizes “hey Google”, but it never deciphers the voice command. I have 3 videos today, 4 from 3 days ago and 1 from 20 minutes after I picked up the car from Volvo last week. Dropping car in AM for this and brakes again.

• Sad
Reactions: Ces

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
I might buy this, but oddly my IHU issues lately are right after car sat locked while sitting unlocked over night I had no issues. In the end Volvo is a mess with this software, not sure how much is Google vs. Volvo. Latest issue is out of nowhere the IHU will not respond to voice commands. Audio stops working as I can turn the radio on with no sound, try turning the volume up no sound, switch stations no sound. Ask Google temp out side, the status line comes up so it recognizes “hey Google”, but it never deciphers the voice command. I have 3 videos today, 4 from 3 days ago and 1 from 20 minutes after I picked up the car from Volvo last week. Dropping car in AM for this and brakes again.
Oddly due to my accent most voice recognition systems poop the bed on me. Margos works really well. You should of heard my sad attempts to get my old gps to hear me. (It never did) occasionally though I the middle of speaking it would recognize me but only a maximum of 3 times …

Is it Volvo. Is it Google. Is it sub component drivers. Is it a combination of all these + hardware faults + hardware intermittent communication errors … I do not know. I look at my Apple phone and their in ability to out out consistently stable and non buggy software and that’s a 2 trillion dollar company with less complexity in the product than the car (albeit not a lot less complex).

If your hardware base is diverse I do not think it is possible to fully test new releases. The non consenting users as betas has been around for a long time and is not going anywhere :(

·
Registered
3,347 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So Volvo Valet picked my 40 this morning and the dn thing started working by the time it got to the dealer. So no idea what happened.....will keep an eye on it tho for sure

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
This is why I have cell phone near by and video as soon as stuff happens. I have over a dozen videos from various IHU issues and more from the brakes. I also email all issues and videos to the dealer service manager so he has a record and I then have a strong evidence trail.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
This is why I have cell phone near by and video as soon as stuff happens. I have over a dozen videos from various IHU issues and more from the brakes. I also email all issues and videos to the dealer service manager so he has a record and I then have a strong evidence trail.
Smart. Sad it has to be that way.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I guess sooner or later my luck with cars had to run out. I have owned a lot of cars almost all have been virtually trouble free. At this point as much as I love the car, what ever happens, happens. Volvo either resolves the issues or they buy it back. I wish they would fix the issues as there is nothing else I want and there are limited choices due to chip shortage. I will try and post videos of the latest IHU issues.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
I remember my grandfather having a car that was a lemon back in the 70s. Was a nice car but so much went wrong. Lemons are alas nothing new in the car Industry though we can talk about them now in ways we never could before.

I wish we had real data as in how many IHU problems. How many modem problems etc.

Transparency would be a lovely thing but despite all our interconectiveness we still are stuck in anecdotal evidence land :(

I hope they fix or replace your car. There was one person on here who had a car replaced if I remember right.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Hopefully this battery reset will help or downgrade the OS. The brakes will likely never be fixed unless they come up with a ceramic pad of support my third party pads under warranty.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.