Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I have an XC40 R Design with Apple play.

There have been over my ownership to date, some 15 months, at least a dozen times when either:
1) The iPod has not been recognised as connected to the car on start up;
2) The iPod has stopped during a period of play whils the car is in without user instruction. This has resulted in a frozen screen display, on the relevant part of the central console and no input from iPod being played.

My habit is to leave the iPod connected to the car’s USB port all the time.

I have tried two separate iPods and two different USB Apple usb leads. No matter which iPod or which USB lead is used I still have the issues referred to above.

The local Volvo dealership have looked at the car and found no fault. They also referred the issue to Volvo UK who suggested it was a fault with iPods and/or leads.In fairness they have also replaced usb connector in the car. This has not resolved this issue however.

Has anyone else had this problem?
B0DCAD1F-A093-49D5-A12B-875F63393BBB.jpeg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just saw your post. Not often on this site.
I have iPod Classic 120 gB, loaded with more than 4K songs. It constantly connected to lower USB port, I have no problems at all, it on shuffle, no freezing. Showing album art, next, previous and so on. I don't use Apple play.
Just bought brand new latest iPod touch 256 gB. Didn't tried yet. Will report later.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Connected new iPod touch, no problems, starts play immediately, showing cover art, so I'm OK for now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts