Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I began a road trip from Boston to NYC this weekend, internet connection on the XC40 was out at the start. As many people have reported, the indications are that (i) there is an "x" by the LTE indicator on the top left of the screen, and (ii) cloud services such as the google map and navigation don't work. Real bummer - when to my phone for the navigation. Later on in the trip, the whole triangle-shaped signal indicator for LTE disappeared.

A strange thing is that the car did have some connectivity.
  • the SOS indicator remained white, whereas sometimes I've seen it blink red when it can't talk to Volvo central.
  • before I got to NYC, I stopped for 40 mins to do a fast charge. I checked the fast charge on my phone - had walked a couple of blocks away - about 15 mins in and the VOC app indicated "charge interrupted." I went back to the car, and indeed the Electrify America station had stopped charging. I re-started session, so no prob there.

The interesting thing to me is that somehow the car was able to tell the VOC app that charge had been interrupted even though internet was out.

I parked the car in a garage in NYC overnight, and when I got it the next day, internet connectivity was back and I was able to use in-car navigation back to Boston.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
149 Posts
That is very interesting. It is as if the cellular modem lost LTE and reverted to an older technology (3G or less).

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge P8 - Thunder Gray
34 Posts
This happened to me yesterday. Ask Google maps to navigate to the place we where going but it could not, because there's no LTE connection. The offline kicks in, however it cannot search the place. I tried to reboot the IHU by holding button below the unit for about 30 seconds and the LTE signal came back! Finally it is working. I hope this helps.:)

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I wonder if it is the IHU bugs? I had a ton of issues today, IHU was toggling Bluetooth on and off, Google assistant would not respond, calls would dump mid call then once Bluetooth settled down the car would not make or answer calls and Google assistant would not respond. I pasted my videos in the brakes thread I have been updating.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I tried posting earlier around my locking to fast and it ignoring test. I wonder if when your ihu says naughty things 3 times to fast the system above shuts it down or even shuts itself down.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Oh my, let the fun begin.

we will soon find out how much of AAOS issues on our cars is Google, vs. Volvo.
Will be interesting. Question is what versions of android and what hardware is it running on which can change the actual build that is running.

Same way the “same” software has different problems on different iPhones models. **** for that mater it has different problems on the same models as the internals are not the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts