Volvo XC40 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Glacier Silver
355 Posts
I am having problems all day long. Found today that when rains heavily the car loses all coms. No LTE, no WiFi, no GPS. Only Bluetooth. Reset the IHU few times as I desperately needed GPS as I was lost. Was looking for place and ending going in circles before realizing there is no GPS nor LTE. Used my phone after. The IHU reset seems to made the things worst. Now I cannot control the amperage, and the charging percentage went to 100% without touching it. Complete mess. Called the dealership and made an appointment for December 10. I need car and that is the date when a loaner will be available. Could go earlier but have a feeling they will have my car for a while.
Anyway, I am on the bandwagon with everyone now. Ding-ding

·
Registered
83 Posts
Follow up: I went to the dealer on Wednesday, nothing found, no error codes, no software that needed loading, so quickly returned to me for "monitoring"

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Follow up: I went to the dealer on Wednesday, nothing found, no error codes, no software that needed loading, so quickly returned to me for "monitoring"
If it keeps happening make a list from here of the things service had to do to fix other people’s and present it to them. Sadly we have to encourage/Guide some service departments.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Same here. Perhaps I will cancel the appointment. Car now works even better than before. Had rain and rain, and no problem. Go figure...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don’t think these internet issues are hardware. Mine was so,I’d u til after 1.7 software. I know a few mentioned having it before 1.7, but maybe a software issue that some have and that others 1.7 makes worse. Curios how the 22 XC60 users are starting to make out with this OS.
I just received the new MY22 XC60 with the new OS, in less than 48 hours the keys were not recognized, SOS error, no GPS it starts only with the key in the cup holder.

The dealer tried for 4 hours to do all sort of resets and firmware refreshes, nothing, ordered a new TCAM module.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just received the new MY22 XC60 with the new OS, in less than 48 hours the keys were not recognized, SOS error, no GPS it starts only with the key in the cup holder.

The dealer tried for 4 hours to do all sort of resets and firmware refreshes, nothing, ordered a new TCAM module.
That sucks. There is a chance that the vehicle just need a night of "deep sleep". Seems to help with all sorts of issues like that.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts

Bummer. At least it did not leave you stuck somewhere.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts

Hope they have you a good loaner. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hope they have you a good loaner. Let us know how it goes.
I will present the symptoms maybe it helps somebody.
In the morning I got an SOS error message "eCall is malfunctioning" and the key was not detected, the On Call button on the top console was not lit anymore.
Took the spare key and that also didn't work, changed the battery in a fob, no dice.
Tried the defrost method to "reboot" the connections, nothing, the SOS did not flash.
Searched the problem online and many Polestar users have reported the symptoms and suggested 12v battery disconnect, did that, nothing changed.
I learned that the TCAM has a separate battery that is used in case of a crash, so if you disconnect the 12v battery the TCAM is probably active in some way. I searched for the fuse for the TCAM and removed the fuse, now the GPS and WIFI was lost.
Took it to the dealer... no easy fix, just needs to be replaced, the technical mentioned that the extra battery of the TCAM was empty, tried to charge it using the diagnostic tools but it doesn't hold the charge.
As I was waiting another MY22 XC60 client reported that the SOS message appeared on his car also, but was scheduled for another day.
A sales person from the dealer told me that he had another client that had his first symptom the loss of GPS at first, and after a few days, total TCAM failure.
My guess is that some functions can fail on the TCAM system and the rest remain active until a full restart and the module in some cases doesn't boot at all.

No loaner, I will use the car with the key in the cup holder. I will use the car mostly for home -> work where locking the car is not mandatory.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I will present the symptoms maybe it helps somebody.
In the morning I got an SOS error message "eCall is malfunctioning" and the key was not detected, the On Call button on the top console was not lit anymore.
Took the spare key and that also didn't work, changed the battery in a fob, no dice.
Tried the defrost method to "reboot" the connections, nothing, the SOS did not flash.
Searched the problem online and many Polestar users have reported the symptoms and suggested 12v battery disconnect, did that, nothing changed.
I learned that the TCAM has a separate battery that is used in case of a crash, so if you disconnect the 12v battery the TCAM is probably active in some way. I searched for the fuse for the TCAM and removed the fuse, now the GPS and WIFI was lost.
Took it to the dealer... no easy fix, just needs to be replaced, the technical mentioned that the extra battery of the TCAM was empty, tried to charge it using the diagnostic tools but it doesn't hold the charge.
As I was waiting another MY22 XC60 client reported that the SOS message appeared on his car also, but was scheduled for another day.
A sales person from the dealer told me that he had another client that had his first symptom the loss of GPS at first, and after a few days, total TCAM failure.
My guess is that some functions can fail on the TCAM system and the rest remain active until a full restart and the module in some cases doesn't boot at all.

No loaner, I will use the car with the key in the cup holder. I will use the car mostly for home -> work where locking the car is not mandatory.
They are ordering the parts you need?

How long did they say it would take?

And good luck j

·
Registered
498 Posts

Sorry to hear about the issues the vehicle is having - although it is good to have feedback on the model XC60 as up until now it has just been info on the XC40 Recharge - good to have the comparisons.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
They ordered the part, they have said if it is available in the country it will take 3 days, but don't think that I am that lucky.
If not contact Volvo and get them to rush the parts for you. Others on here have had great success doing that.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Little update from Volvo on TCAM reset. Just chatted with them.
Okay, please follow these instructions instead: To reset the modem, you would press the front defrost button one time then release it. Then quickly press and hold it for 30-45 seconds or until the LTE symbol disappears from the top left of the screen. Once this happens, you may release the button. Exit the vehicle, lock it and let it stay locked for about an hour before you come back and try using the center screen again

·
Registered
355 Posts
There is something they told me. Food for thinking

For all Google based cars, the service comes directly from Google. The car receives the signal from a satellite

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
246 Posts
Okay, please follow these instructions instead: To reset the modem, you would press the front defrost button one time then release it. Then quickly press and hold it for 30-45 seconds or until the LTE symbol disappears from the top left of the screen. Once this happens, you may release the button. Exit the vehicle, lock it and let it stay locked for about an hour before you come back and try using the center screen again
Yes this worked for me last week where I read about it on a FB group and it was the first time I've been able to reset modem via defrost button. I did not exit and lock vehicle though as mentioned above even though everything came back nicely after 1-2 mins.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Hmm, is this new, I thought it was press and hold, not press/release then press and hold.

I have rebooted this car more than any version of Windows I have run.

Reactions: Rhughes

·
Registered
29 Posts
There is something they told me. Food for thinking

For all Google based cars, the service comes directly from Google. The car receives the signal from a satellite
I think they must be mistaken, all of the two-way data communication with Google should be via terrestrial cellular service, because satellite Internet isn't cheap. The satellite antenna would just be used to receive GPS signals, and satellite radio (audio) in North America.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I think they must be mistaken, all of the two-way data communication with Google should be via terrestrial cellular service, because satellite Internet isn't cheap. The satellite antenna would just be used to receive GPS signals, and satellite radio (audio) in North America.
That is what I know too. I asked them who is the LTE provider for Canada and they told me it use the satellites. Go figure...

41 - 60 of 116 Posts