Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday driving on the motorway the
Internet connectivity kept dropping out even though my cell phone showed a good signal all the way. The LTE indicator was on but so couldn’t even use Google Assistant - kept saying it’s offline
Also the internet radio kept dropping out and so couldn’t tune to any AM stations on the regular radio.
This 4-week old Recharge is very buggy.
And don’t get me started on the Volvo car app…..

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
224 Posts
Yesterday driving on the motorway the
Internet connectivity kept dropping out even though my cell phone showed a good signal all the way. The LTE indicator was on but so couldn’t even use Google Assistant - kept saying it’s offline
Also the internet radio kept dropping out and so couldn’t tune to any AM stations on the regular radio.
This 4-week old Recharge is very buggy.
And don’t get me started on the Volvo car app…..
We’re in AUS as well and have also noticed sporadic LTE/Mobile issues, but it does seem to correct itself eventually. Also yes, the app is very hit and miss. Sometimes it seems to work for several days, then it’s “out” for a week. Hopefully they’ll continue to work on it! Whereabouts in AUS are you and what colour is your car? We’re near Daylesford VIC.
Cloud Sky Vehicle registration plate Tire Car

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Alas sometimes it takes a day for things to work properly. A nice console reboot. Lock her up for the night and in the morning things might be all shiny and working.

Or not.

But the car when you first get it does seem to be different than after it’s first locked nap.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
As me here, with 1.7 they did a car battery reset and my LTE was flakey often not connecting until I rebooted. Did that 3-4 times over the first week after the update and seems to be good now. At this point anyone that tells me that Tesla had/has buggy software it does nor phase me as Volvo software QA is horrible.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Was Tesla that much better at month 6? Honest question I have no idea. Back then I was a dirty ice users :)

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I doubt Tesla was any better at any time. My buddy has a 2015 and tells me he still have bugs and quirks. I do think Volvo will get better, but that is more hope than based on any evidence that Volvo has a clue at this point. As the 22 XC60 sells Volvo will have to start addressing the more serious issues.

Reactions: Greg S

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[hi we are inSydney and have Thunder Grey colour

I see they released a new version of the app. I installed it but it’s still minimal and none of the features as per the demo
QUOTE="Greg S, post: 27102, member: 4220"]
We’re in AUS as well and have also noticed sporadic LTE/Mobile issues, but it does seem to correct itself eventually. Also yes, the app is very hit and miss. Sometimes it seems to work for several days, then it’s “out” for a week. Hopefully they’ll continue to work on it! Whereabouts in AUS are you and what colour is your car? We’re near Daylesford VIC. View attachment 1641
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm on the 1.7 update. Internet connectivity went out for me - "x" over the LTE indicator. When I got to my destination, I reset the modem by holding down the front "defrost" key for about a full minute. To my surprise, the modem did reset and LTE signal came back.

I've had this issue in the past (before 1.7 update), and holding down the front defrost button never actually reset for me. So, glad that worked!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Okay, that's new to me. Haven't tried it.
I do find that when I get in the car, there is an X on the cell signal strength, then it restarts itself and connects. But that happens only when I'm in Park. If I immediately switch to Drive, I stay disconnected and even my GPS loses signal.

When your restarted, were you in park? I tried it pre 1.7 and it didn't work. We're talking about the rear defrost button, right?

I'm on the 1.7 update. Internet connectivity went out for me - "x" over the LTE indicator. When I got to my destination, I reset the modem by holding down the front "defrost" key for about a full minute. To my surprise, the modem did reset and LTE signal came back.

I've had this issue in the past (before 1.7 update), and holding down the front defrost button never actually reset for me. So, glad that worked!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I used the front defrost button (not the rear) to reset the modem. It’s the one immediately to the right of the hazard button. The car was in park, and I held the button down for a long time. After a minute or so, I noticed that the SOS/phone indicator on the box attached to the rear view mirror turned from white-to-red-to-white during the reset process.

Good point about park. Earlier in the trip, I reset the infotainment system (hold down home button for 20-30 secs), but i was driving. That reset did not restore LTE, but maybe it would have if the car had been parked??

When your restarted, were you in park? I tried it pre 1.7 and it didn't work. We're talking about the rear defrost button, right?

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Glacier Silver
201 Posts
Consistent behavior that I observed so far.
--When the car is locked for some time (more than 1 hour lets say) LTE comes back just fine.
--When the car is locked for short time then unlocked, locked, do something, unlock and drive - LTE will take time to come back.
--Car left unlock, IHU screen goes off after 1-2 minutes. Than 4-5-6-10 minutes latter will go and drive the car - LTE is not coming back or takes very very very long time.
I think this is all software related issue.
Sometimes when I start to drive in the first 10-15 minutes the IHU is lagging and the maps on the dash are snappy. I think it is downloading or updating something that takes CPU power. After some time is fine. Normally when exhibiting that behavior the IHU screen will become worm. Otherwise stays cool most of the time.
Please check your vehicles and report back. Thank you.

P.S. I never restarted anything so far.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Mine is actually odd. Only when I park at work and lock it then 9 hours later LTE has issues coming back. Yesterday I had to reboot the TCAm with defrost button. Some days it works fine. Most days I leave it unlocked in my garage and it has always worked fine. Seems my work is in the LTE Bermuda Triangle.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Mine is even odder!!! It failed once after 1.7 now works flawlessly. Failed 2 others times before 1.7 since may.

I swear it’s all to do with how many degrees (components) of separation you have from the test cars they use.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Mine goes through periods, works for days on end, even at work then fails like yesterday until I hit the defrost LTE reset after about 5 minutes of driving.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is exactly what happens with me. But I notice if I stay in park for just a few seconds longer, the connection will be restored. I see the signal icon disappear and then reappear, as if it restarts itself. If I switch to Drive immediately then it stays with the x forever.

Consistent behavior that I observed so far.
--When the car is locked for some time (more than 1 hour lets say) LTE comes back just fine.
--When the car is locked for short time then unlocked, locked, do something, unlock and drive - LTE will take time to come back.
--Car left unlock, IHU screen goes off after 1-2 minutes. Than 4-5-6-10 minutes latter will go and drive the car - LTE is not coming back or takes very very very long time.
I think this is all software related issue.
Sometimes when I start to drive in the first 10-15 minutes the IHU is lagging and the maps on the dash are snappy. I think it is downloading or updating something that takes CPU power. After some time is fine. Normally when exhibiting that behavior the IHU screen will become worm. Otherwise stays cool most of the time.
Please check your vehicles and report back. Thank you.

P.S. I never restarted anything so far.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts