Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the car for almost one year and creaking plastic in the centre of the console , where two types of plastics meet, drives me mad. This stops and starts due to the temperature, which I assume is because the plastics expand/contract and become more/less pliable. When it's bad it can be heard when under braking, i.e. the deceleration causing the plastics to move against one another. Has anyone else experienced this problem and achieved resolution?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mine’s only a few weeks old and I notice the console creaking at times. I’m hoping it’s just stiffness that will correct over time.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just hit the 1 year mark, and I started noticing the same sounds about a month ago. It's starting to become really annoying. Doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, it's all I can hear. I have not figured out how to make it stop. Kind of sounds like it's coming from plastic in the middle rubbing under the media area. And it also sounds like it's coming from the plastic surrounding the steering wheel. The pieces that touch the turn signal, and washer fluid levers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts