1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts

· Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Registered
405 Posts
Well, I ordered the rest of the pieces with the Black Friday sale. Still haven't figured out how to properly swap but hoping that I either figure it out or someone else does.

· Registered
405 Posts
Resurrecting 💀🪦

That’s my thread over at Swedespeed. I actually have all the replacement pieces in hand, but I never got around to doing anything with them. I have swapped the trim in a few other Volvos in the past, but I haven’t messed with this one because it’s my husband’s car and I wasn’t able to find any tips or guidance anywhere.

I had mentioned this quite awhile ago to a service adviser, asking what the labor charge would be to install. He informally spouted off a really high number (just off the top of his head, not really looking into it). I didn’t pursue further at that time.

but now I’m sitting here thinking what a waste it is to have these replacement trim bits sitting around and not using them. The car needs to go in for a big service visit (again) that will surely take at least a few days, so I wrote to them and asked for a real quote on doing the trim swap.

I’ll report back what they say.

Reactions: improvius

· Registered
405 Posts
Quoted over a thousand dollars (!!) to do the job (not including the parts themselves, which I already bought) at my closest local dealership.

Fortunately I sit in the nexus of many dealerships within a 30–60 min drive, so I'll be checking around.

· Registered
405 Posts
These wood replacements look great but I like the metal look just fine. Also whoever did the installs above (pics) did a nice job it seems. Well done.
thanks. I had the dealer do this one (my husband’s car and I didn’t want to have to tinker with it and break something).

I did a similar swap on my V60 myself

Vehicle Car Gear shift White Hood

· Registered
405 Posts
Any reason why? Isn't it just using trim removal tools like most cars?
Don't know, they claimed it was rather involved. Since the XC40 is my husband's car, I ponied up and had the dealer do it so I didn't break something.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts