Volvo XC40 Forum banner

Interior light on back seats, floor area

7K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Marcin101010 
#1 ·
Hi everyone!

i just got a momentum with all the upgrades, including “high level illumination”. In the little video describing the feature, there are lights illuminating the floor, but my car doesn’t have them. Is that something they took out or there is something missing in my car?

thanks for your answers.

Gus

#2 ·
If your car has Ambient Lighting, there is a setting for low, medium or high intensity under the vehicle settings, My Car\Lights and Lighting\Interior Lighting. My own observation is that the ambient lighting is mostly imperceivable, even when set on high. Even Volvo describes it as, "several LEDs that provide faint lighting in various colors." I believe they're only located on the dash above the glove box (to illuminate the decorative panel facing the passenger), and in the ceiling. I think the floor lighting, which Volvo calls Ground Lighting, only illuminates when the respective door is open, and that it is not part of the Ambient Lighting.

#4 ·
This doesn't directly answer your question, but is related (helpful for those that are interested in lighting, generally): I opted out of the Premium package and found the XC40 comes with ZERO INTERIOR LIGHTING. That means no dome light, no rear seat lighting, nada. No overhead lighting what-so-ever. The premium package not only gives you color-adjustable lighting it GIVES you lighting. Anyways, I swapped vehicles and have the premium package now. It appears floor lighting is only present up front, not in the rear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.