Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
226 Posts
Most of the discussion is about Polestar, but some of it applies to the XC40 as well…
Volvo Cars is raising its stake in Polestar to 49.5% and Polestar is considering going public (as is Volvo Cars) I read that Volvo will be the brand that stands for safety and Polestar is the brand that stands for performance. Polestar is trying to act like a start-up while operating as an established manufacturer.
Another interesting event is that Volvo is spinning-off its ICE operation into a separate company. It is also selling selling 15% of its Xenseact self-driving technology division. This will allow Volvo Cars to focus its capital on EV propulsion, which will remain in-house. Volvo Cars is clearly going all in on EVs. Hopefully it will have the future capital necessary to carry out its strategic plan. Also interesting to see how long Volvo Cars and Polestar remain under the Geely tent.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Volvo Cars is raising its stake in Polestar to 49.5% and Polestar is considering going public (as is Volvo Cars) I read that Volvo will be the brand that stands for safety and Polestar is the brand that stands for performance. Polestar is trying to act like a start-up while operating as an established manufacturer.

Another interesting event is that Volvo is spinning-off its ICE operation into a separate company. It is also selling selling 15% of its Xenseact self-driving technology division. This will allow Volvo Cars to focus its capital on EV propulsion, which will remain in-house. Volvo Cars is clearly going all in on EVs. Hopefully it will have the future capital necessary to carry out its strategic plan. Also interesting to see how long Volvo Cars and Polestar remain under the Geely tent.

Great, maybe they can focus on getting their darn software stabile and fully functional. Told the wife yesterday that if my current experience were not what it was, I could see me ordering Red C40 and her taking the P8 and we sell her T5 in 18 months. The good news is in 850 miles so far I am in for maybe $3-4 in electricity compared to about $125 if it were in her T5.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts