Volvo XC40 Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that Volvo was visually deemphasizing the exhaust intentionally to lower their carbon spewing profile as they transition the product line. That’s the sort of thing I could believe, but not the kind of thing I would dream up, sorry I don’t have the reference.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The MY21 deletions don’t end there.
The full list known, as of today, of the downgrading is as follows;
  • Paddle shifters on R Design. REMOVED
  • Twin exit chrome exhausts. REMOVED
  • Embossing on leather seats. REMOVED
  • Embossing on C Pillar. REMOVED
  • Embossing on tread plates. REMOVED
  • Electric folding rear seats. REMOVED
  • Folding rear head rests. REMOVED
  • Close & Lock button on trunk. REMOVED
And now only one key delivered. We all know about the ‘Care Key’ that cannot be linked to driver profiles and no profiles can be called up from the infotainment screen.
Volvo have even deleted the stalwart ticket holder from the A Pillar!
This level of cost saving has to make you question the build quality.
Usually, the release of a new MY will improve styling, add extra tech etc. I’ve never heard of a manufacturer making a car look worse.
A first time for everything eh?

Edit These deletions are for the petrol and mild hybrids only. I am advised that the changes do not affect the Recharge which are being delivered in MY21 form with most of those mentioned above.
also gone paper bin ..and no pull out drawer from the seat

·
Registered
3 Posts
If I pay extra for R-design or Inscription, then please give me all those details. Cutting the costs on these looks really bad and disrespectful towards the customers.

But as someone said before, those are just small things. I hope that the overall quality and driving experience remained the same.

On the other side, I've noticed that the fog lights are standard equipment now. Big plus for that.

Enjoy your ride people, that's what matters the most 😎

21 - 23 of 23 Posts