Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'v ordered an inscription end of 2019. If was shown with double chrome exhaust pipes. This was one of the reason i chose an inscription over a momentum.
When it was delivered, i noticed the double exhaust pipes weren't there. "Because of a model change in 2021", the vendor told me.

Honestly, i feel cheated. The change this preference without briefing me.
What do you think about this? Can they just do this? Does anybody else feels the same?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Same goes with the 2020 R-Design I purchased off the lot last week. When reading the 2021 product guide it states the dual exhaust tip would be removed from 2021 modes. The sales guy and I checked every 2020 R-Design and Inscription in the lot and none hade the dual outlets. I traded in my S60 R-design and that did have the split design. Truth is it's not a big deal for m, I refuse to let this interfere with the joy of ownership Doubt anyone but me will notice or care. There are many more important thing in my life to focus on.

Paul

·
Registered
4 Posts
The MY21 deletions don’t end there.
The full list known, as of today, of the downgrading is as follows;
  • Paddle shifters on R Design. REMOVED
  • Twin exit chrome exhausts. REMOVED
  • Embossing on leather seats. REMOVED
  • Embossing on C Pillar. REMOVED
  • Embossing on tread plates. REMOVED
  • Electric folding rear seats. REMOVED
  • Folding rear head rests. REMOVED
  • Close & Lock button on trunk. REMOVED
And now only one key delivered. We all know about the ‘Care Key’ that cannot be linked to driver profiles and no profiles can be called up from the infotainment screen.
Volvo have even deleted the stalwart ticket holder from the A Pillar!
This level of cost saving has to make you question the build quality.
Usually, the release of a new MY will improve styling, add extra tech etc. I’ve never heard of a manufacturer making a car look worse.
A first time for everything eh?

Edit These deletions are for the petrol and mild hybrids only. I am advised that the changes do not affect the Recharge which are being delivered in MY21 form with most of those mentioned above.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'v ordered an inscription end of 2019. If was shown with double chrome exhaust pipes. This was one of the reason i chose an inscription over a momentum.
When it was delivered, i noticed the double exhaust pipes weren't there. "Because of a model change in 2021", the vendor told me.

Honestly, i feel cheated. The change this preference without briefing me.
What do you think about this? Can they just do this? Does anybody else feels the same?

·
Registered
2 Posts
We were told by the dealership that they would be removed.. got disappointed at first but then I got over it :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Based on the reviews on the internet etc. I bought xc40. I went for R-design specifically for it's sporty look thanks to dual exhaust tailpipes. Then not long before the delivery date i found out that exhaust has been removed! How is that sporty? I feel cheated. I'm getting a newer car with less features. Car still hasn't arrived. But I'm already disappointed. 😔 Is there anything that can be done at this point?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Based on the reviews on the internet etc. I bought xc40. I went for R-design specifically for it's sporty look thanks to dual exhaust tailpipes. Then not long before the delivery date i found out that exhaust has been removed! How is that sporty? I feel cheated. I'm getting a newer car with less features. Car still hasn't arrived. But I'm already disappointed. 😔 Is there anything that can be done at this point?
nit
See post # 3 above.
I don't understand the disappointment over a 3" piece of chrome.:rolleyes:

I suggest you drive it and enjoy it, beside, you can't see the exhaust outlet from behind the wheel. :D

Paul

·
Registered
51 Posts
You can still cancel the deal and buy something ells. Just saying............

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've talked to my dealer, basically I've asked him if he has some older model with similar spec I wanna swap. You might think it's just a pipes, but also paddle shifters are gone and embossing here and there. The devil is in details, and those are gone. I should know the outcome within 2 weeks. I'll let you know .

·
Registered
25 Posts
For me it's not about small details it's about the driving experience. Me thinks you fuss far too much over minutiae.

Paul

·
Registered
8 Posts
The MY21 deletions don’t end there.
The full list known, as of today, of the downgrading is as follows;
  • Paddle shifters on R Design. REMOVED
  • Twin exit chrome exhausts. REMOVED
  • Embossing on leather seats. REMOVED
  • Embossing on C Pillar. REMOVED
  • Embossing on tread plates. REMOVED
  • Electric folding rear seats. REMOVED
  • Folding rear head rests. REMOVED
  • Close & Lock button on trunk. REMOVED
And now only one key delivered. We all know about the ‘Care Key’ that cannot be linked to driver profiles and no profiles can be called up from the infotainment screen.
Volvo have even deleted the stalwart ticket holder from the A Pillar!
This level of cost saving has to make you question the build quality.
Usually, the release of a new MY will improve styling, add extra tech etc. I’ve never heard of a manufacturer making a car look worse.
A first time for everything eh?
I am in the U.S. and bought a 2021 MY R-Design about 2 weeks ago. This list is mostly accurate. I actually still have embossed tread plates on the front doors, electric folding rear head rests, and the close & lock trunk button. Everything else is gone, but I do also get heated rear seats.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am in the U.S. and bought a 2021 MY R-Design about 2 weeks ago. This list is mostly accurate. I actually still have embossed tread plates on the front doors, electric folding rear head rests, and the close & lock trunk button. Everything else is gone, but I do also get heated rear seats.
Ok, now we know what's missing. So what features are you getting in '21 model? What makes up for the loss?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok, now we know what's missing. So what features are you getting in '21 model? What makes up for the loss?
The rear seats are heated, that's about it. I got all of the options on my R-Design so I'm not really missing those things that they took away since they really don't affect the daily operation of the vehicle. The only thing I wish they kept was the automatic folding rear seat backs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts