Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm <1k miles in on my new recharge and the infotainment system keeps crashing turning the speedo and infotainment crazy colours - see attached.

I'm pending a full system replacement to sort it, but in the meantime I've found a fix which stops any crashes.

Use the 'relaxed' driving view rather than the heads up map. On your steering wheel press the button with the two squares (right side, bottom left IIRC). The dashboard view will then be simple directions rather than the full map - this sorts the problem out entirely.

Motor vehicle Plant Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

· Registered
784 Posts
I'm <1k miles in on my new recharge and the infotainment system keeps crashing turning the speedo and infotainment crazy colours - see attached.

I'm pending a full system replacement to sort it, but in the meantime I've found a fix which stops any crashes.

Use the 'relaxed' driving view rather than the heads up map. On your steering wheel press the button with the two squares (right side, bottom left IIRC). The dashboard view will then be simple directions rather than the full map - this sorts the problem out entirely.

View attachment 1497
Yes you will need a new IHU module - hopefully the dealer has one or it will not take to long to get one.

· Registered
4,154 Posts

View attachment 1497
So it’s how the IHU talks to the console for mapping causing the crash? Nice find.
1. Does it un crash the IHU if you tab screens after a crash?
2. If (1) is a no then how long have you tested it in relaxed? With less going on it might crash less and a it does not crash is as always a proof by negation (I will live for ever … is true until it’s not). Intermittent bugs are hard to prove they are fixed.

Reactions: Ces

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So it’s how the IHU talks to the console for mapping causing the crash? Nice find.
1. Does it un crash the IHU if you tab screens after a crash?
2. If (1) is a no then how long have you tested it in relaxed? With less going on it might crash less and a it does not crash is as always a proof by negation (I will live for ever … is true until it’s not). Intermittent bugs are hard to prove they are fixed.
Yep I think there is something odd in how it interfaces, I did think it may be that the system is getting overloaded but doing all I can on the system (phone calls, maps [not on the console], spotify) still doesnt crash it.
I tested it for a 2hr drive yesterday, the record without relaxed mode was about 40 mins before it started crashing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.