Volvo XC40 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
FOR REAL....the Lemons are growing by the day ! Sooo sorry the bits and pieces combined are becoming too stressful for a brand new Car ! They've got to do something about it. People buy new cars (1st generation or not) to avoid issues in general, reliability etc and definitely no time to leisurely visit the Dealers....
I cannot wait to see what they have in store for you on Monday ! Hang in there !

Funny when we were looking at the 2 XC40s I looked at reliability and the XC40 was the shining star of Volvo, and her T5 has been flawless at 1700 miles already, my P8 is a new adventure every week. I was stupid and did not get video today, I think I can reproduce this, happens every day when I leave work I suspect becasue my cell phone has been out of range for over 8 hours. May turn BT off in phone tonight and test that theory.

I was seeing issue son the ID.4 forums as well , nothing as frequent as the P8, but some irate people over there. These cars need to come with disclaimers, if you don't; want glitches and trips to the dealer do no buy it. Reminds me of cars 40+ years ago. Cars have progressed to be so reliable that I was spoiled and driving mostly Japanese cars made me really spoiled. We and I owned a bunch of cars and the last car that went to the dealer for a problem was my 2011 Infiniti M37 some sensor went out in the first 6 or so month, replaced and fine for the next 3 years and 40K miles. All my and wife's Acuras were rock solid other than a rear deck rattle in my 2004.. The wife's old 19 RDX had paring issues with Carplay, but that was it.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Still cannot tell how bad the P8 is.
a majority of the complaints come from a select few unlucky people and vocal people.

Forums are classically hard places to assess reality from.

Not saying what reality is … the P8 definitely has some issues. I also tend to categorize cosmetic differently than functional different from mechanical. And as I have said before I have been lucky and only had a few software crashes.

Wish my how.

Had more people voting so we could get a better picture. So far it seems that most people are very happy/happy with the p8 and only a minority are unhappy. Still small sample size.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Still cannot tell how bad the P8 is.
a majority of the complaints come from a select few unlucky people and vocal people.

Forums are classically hard places to assess reality from.

Not saying what reality is … the P8 definitely has some issues. I also tend to categorize cosmetic differently than functional different from mechanical. And as I have said before I have been lucky and only had a few software crashes.

Wish my how.

Had more people voting so we could get a better picture. So far it seems that most people are very happy/happy with the p8 and only a minority are unhappy. Still small sample size.
Very true, but my guess is there are plenty of people having issues that don’t join forums as well. Only Volvo knows how many cars are having issues and they will never say.

Reactions: SeattleCat

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Very true, but my guess is there are plenty of people having issues that don’t join forums as well. Only Volvo knows how many cars are having issues and they will never say.
Agreed. As I said it is very hard to tell and as you said they certainly are not going to tell us. Oh well back to loving the heck out of my car ( whilst hoping it does not join the naughty P8 club)

·
Registered
967 Posts
Agreed. As I said it is very hard to tell and as you said they certainly are not going to tell us. Oh well back to loving the heck out of my car ( whilst hoping it does not join the naughty P8 club)
I dig your Red P8, do you have other pics? If I can get back to loving the P8 maybe in 18 months then I will get a red P8 or C40 and she will take my blue one. It is a long road to me getting there, like they need to get my car stable and rather trouble free for some time.

When I am not made at Volvo and the car I love the ride, so liner and smooth while being so quiet. Gives a much better luxury feel than the T5 version.

Reactions: SeattleCat

·
Registered
967 Posts
Too bad they require a front plate, looks really good. And the 19 inch wheels look good as well.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Thank you and I agree, front number plate looks terrible :(

As to tires I find it hard to see the visual difference from 19 to 20. Both look low profile. On other cars with other wheel choices it was visually obvious but on this it is not at least for me.

Reactions: emac1211

·
Registered
26 Posts
You have definitely had bad luck. But a lot of us have had good luck and are loving our cars.

I shout get a Ilovemyrechargevolvo.com
I love my Volvo too but can't wait for my infotainment reset to be fixed! If it works, I may be a Volvo owner for life. We'll see...

·
Registered
967 Posts
I love my Volvo too but can't wait for my infotainment reset to be fixed! If it works, I may be a Volvo owner for life. We'll see...
What is your infotainment issue? Dropping mine in AM.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Dealer has had my car 2 days and just informed me (I had to ask, they suck at communications) that they have a case open with Volvo to replace the IHU, what a surprise.:rolleyes:

Let's see how long they have it now to get that done. Tic toc, 4 days out of service so far, 26 to go before lemon law applies.

·
Registered
967 Posts
10 days without my car. IHU finally arrived yesterday and waiting for them to get it installed. Brakes evidently were installed already. 15 out of 58 days without my car and Volvo has not answered my request to authorize the $750 gift cards good will memo.

• Wow
Reactions: DeaneG

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
10 days without my car. IHU finally arrived yesterday and waiting for them to get it installed. Brakes evidently were installed already. 15 out of 58 days without my car and Volvo has not answered my request to authorize the $750 gift cards good will memo.
Sorry He Keith.
I would be so upset having my car being in the shop so much.

I get so much joy out of driving her. Doing Seattle to Ca. Margo is so fun on the winding 101 is awesome.

Passing cars is a blast and so much safer just to be gone.

One pedal is awesome for hard down hill bendy bits.

This journey brought to you by electrify America. Enough chargers to get you from a to b.

Vw was so lucky. They got”punished” for being lying little ba}*#^\ds by having to invest in a profitable business. . . Oh well. Without that punishment we would be royally screwed.

Reactions: shawkinaw

·
Registered
967 Posts
Dealer emailed me to say IHU was going in today and I should get my car back tomorrow (day 11) which would mean of 60 days of ownership the car has been out of service 15 days (12 count toward lemon law) .

·
Registered
967 Posts
Woohoo! Dealer emailed, my car is ready and they approved $750 good will Amazon card. I pick car and card up tomorrow. Let's hope this is the end of the dealership for a while.

All in 11 days, 1 new IHU and rear rotors and pads.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just got my infotainment replaced yesterday after having it be a consistent issue for the previous two months. It has not gone out yet since I got it back, so knock on wood I think it's fixed.

·
Registered
967 Posts
OK got my car back and ironically on the short drive home hit 1000 miles and today is day 60. Service manager was great. Gave me my gift cards, which I have promptly put on my account. He did mention they have seen issues with the rear brakes when the seize like this at times parts of the pad comes off and causing grinding. Let's see what happens. They even charged it up for me.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Bursting Blue
245 Posts
I wonder if the brake problems will become a recall campaign -- although I hope it will.

It's dry here (in Sacramento), very dry. I don't think I'll see enough wet to make my rotors rust for a few more months. But when the rain comes, which is actually a big IF nowadays, will more cars have this issue? Can't be cheap to replace pads and rotors on an expectation of problems.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I wonder if the brake problems will become a recall campaign -- although I hope it will.

It's dry here (in Sacramento), very dry. I don't think I'll see enough wet to make my rotors rust for a few more months. But when the rain comes, which is actually a big IF nowadays, will more cars have this issue? Can't be cheap to replace pads and rotors on an expectation of problems.
Mine was just from washing the car on a humid day and putting it back in the garage over night.

·
Registered
967 Posts
24 hours, so far so good. VOC still won’t pair, but I have mostly given up on that. Interesting that after the IHU was replace all data was gone, like a factory rest, but oddly the memory seat settings survived.

I noticed that the native YouTube Music app with smart download on says it will download up to 500 songs. My playlist has 900 songs in it. I noticed the YTM app is inferior to the Spotify app in that the YTM app stays in paused mode after a phone call or when car is started. Spotify works better and actually even though I pay for YT and thus get Premium, i think Spotify sounds better, just sucks to listen to commercials.

Reactions: shawkinaw
81 - 100 of 213 Posts