Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fair enough people have had issues with their car and complaining. I understand and have no problem with that.

Me? I love my car so far. I have had for 2 months. One time I rebooted the IDU. That's it, everything else (so far) works awesome. Might I change my mind. Sure, but I can only comment for what has happened to date.

·
Registered
2021 Glacier Silver XC40 Recharge P8
110 Posts
Same here. Just one reset in two months -- and that was due to a miatake I made. So far, near perfect. Just love it.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I love my car as well. I got the P8 to be sensible. I never thought it would be so much fun to drive. Makes me feel like I am driving a car from the future.

I am saddened that others are having a bad experience but I am happy with my experience every day. Best thing to happen in 2021.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I love my car as well. I got the P8 to be sensible. I never thought it would be so much fun to drive. Makes me feel like I am driving a car from the future.

I am saddened that others are having a bad experience but I am happy with my experience every day. Best thing to happen in 2021.
Agree - there are some minor issues but they will get resolved. Need to be patient with Volvo for the rest of this year and into next. Don’t sweat the little things it will get better.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Agree - there are some minor issues but they will get resolved. Need to be patient with Volvo for the rest of this year and into next. Don’t sweat the little things it will get better.
I agree with you. I hope I would feel the same if I was one of the folks who have spent weeks without their cars :( the real question is what are the ratios and numbers of bad vs good which we do not have access to :(

·
Registered
2021 P8
28 Posts
Even with the IHU bugs we continue to experience (this morning the radio wouldn't play... the radio of all things), we love the car. Coming from a Bolt, it's a massive upgrade (except for efficiency, the car is awful in that area).

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I agree with you. I hope I would feel the same if I was one of the folks who have spent weeks without their cars :( the real question is what are the ratios and numbers of bad vs good which we do not have access to.

·
Registered
2021 Sage Green XC Recharge & 2021 Metallic Silver XC Recharge
15 Posts
You know, you are all right. I am older and I have owned probably 50+ new cars in my life and the two recharges I bought this summer are absolutely the best, most fun, easiest to drive cars I have ever owned. Any problems I’ve had have been with the app and while I question why they haven’t gotten it corrected and why it’s still in beta, I’m confident they will get it done, sooner rather than later. Mechanically these have been problem free, and have driven like a dream. Beyond wishing for a longer range and an app that work I have no complaints whatsoever, no regrets at all.

·
Registered
168 Posts
As a business owner I am well aware of the adage that one dissatisfied customer will make more disturbance than 100 satisfied persons.

I bought my Volvo as a dealer demo when all the cars were being held in port for the software upgrade.

Other than getting the AC software patch, the car has not had a hiccup....knock wood.

One reboot of the system when I lost Google. Other than that, no issues or concerns.....

I would like to get the Sirius app.

No regrets. The styling makes it one of the nicest looking cars on the road. And it doesn't look like a sub 5 second 0-60 car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Same. I've owned it since late July and it's the first time I've fallen in love with a car, even though it's my 4th volvo. I've had the IHU crash/reboot twice, and another time I lost LTE connection and the GPS, so google maps was not usable. But after an overnight nap it was all fine again. Very minor annoyances for such a wonderful and fun car.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I love my car when not in the shop. Would like to buy a second Recharge, but until I can go a few months without mine being in the shop, I will hold off. It is a great car to drive and I am reluctantly patient only because there is no other EV current out that interests me, and I have test driven them all (except Tesla, not desire for them).

·
Registered
22 Posts
I love my car when not in the shop. Would like to buy a second Recharge, but until I can go a few months without mine being in the shop, I will hold off. It is a great car to drive and I am reluctantly patient only because there is no other EV current out that interests me, and I have test driven them all (except Tesla, not desire for them).
There are lemon laws that protect consumers from this very thing. If a new car ends up in the shop frequently then you are probably covered by lemon laws. Get an attorney to write Volvo a letter threatening litigation, you'll see how quickly they'll give you a new replacement. Most people have had minor problems at the most, so you just got a bad apple.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
There are lemon laws that protect consumers from this very thing. If a new car ends up in the shop frequently then you are probably covered by lemon laws. Get an attorney to write Volvo a letter threatening litigation, you'll see how quickly they'll give you a new replacement. Most people have had minor problems at the most, so you just got a bad apple.
Trust me way out in front on this. I have the "rusted brakes" posts documenting my issues. Very conflicted, love the car, but if it keeps acting up they will be buying it back. I did not want to post any negatives in this thread as when the car is not having troubles it is a great ride. I have test driven many EVs, several multiple times and can't think of one I would rather have. As much as I hate to admit it, an EV buy today needs to be prepared to be a "beta tester" of sorts or stick to an ICE car for the near future.

Reactions: DeaneG

·
Registered
35 Posts
Trust me way out in front on this. I have the "rusted brakes" posts documenting my issues. Very conflicted, love the car, but if it keeps acting up they will be buying it back. I did not want to post any negatives in this thread as when the car is not having troubles it is a great ride. I have test driven many EVs, several multiple times and can't think of one I would rather have. As much as I hate to admit it, an EV buy today needs to be prepared to be a "beta tester" of sorts or stick to an ICE car for the near future.
Maybe your car is a real lemon and replacing it with a different xc40 recharge will bring joy and bliss 95 percent of the time instead of what you have now. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Maybe your car is a real lemon and replacing it with a different xc40 recharge will bring joy and bliss 95 percent of the time instead of what you have now. Good luck!

Possibly, but would not do it, burned once and done if it comes to that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had the “sticky parking brake” problem for the first time this morning after some soaking rains yesterday and parking in the garage overnight. I’ve got a service appointment for Oct 5. Is there something visible I can check (with the wheels on) to see if there is actual rust or roughness?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I was never able to see anything as the rotor will be fine, it will be parts of the pads that break off. If the piece is wedged between the pads and the rotor you may have grinding noise either when driving or braking. They will need to pull the calipers and pads to see it. Make them open a case with Volvo as should you as well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts