Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. My car is still using Version 10. Is anyone else still waiting for the OTA for Version 1.7?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi all. My car is still using Version 10. Is anyone else still waiting for the OTA for Version 1.7?
Yeah, same. Volvo On-Call told me yesterday that if it doesn't prompt to update at some point today (31st October) I'll need to book a service appointment with the dealership. I'm disappointed, to say the least.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. That concerns me because the dealership will charge us for installing it! Fingers crossed it comes today...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Received the email on Oct 22. It's now the 31st and I've driven over 300 miles in 40-50 mile chunks over the past few days, yet no notification of an update has arrived. 'Check for Update' still says I'm up to date.

FWIW, I was one of the few that received the June update as an OTA, which appeared to install successfully.

Reactions: Barbara

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
If you have to go to dealership talk to Volvo first and get them to pay for it as it is a failure of ota if you have not gotten it by when they say.

Good luck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was also referred to my dealership for this issue. There's zero chance I'm paying them to fix it, it's an advertised feature of the vehicle not working (not to mention the manufacturer themselves telling me to take it in).

Unfortunately both nearby dealers are booked out 3-4 weeks.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I was out for a drive this evening and at a stoplight I went into Settings and checked to see if I was to be blessed with 1.7, but no.

Then the software engineer in me had an idea. I turned off 'Automatically Download Updates' pressed the Home button, then went back into Settings and turned 'Automatically Download Updates' back on. 20 minutes after I returned home the VC app notified me that an update was available. I returned to the car, and it's was prompting me to start the update.

Coincidence? Probably, but it might be worth a try!

FWIW, update seems to have completed successfully.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I was out for a drive this evening and at a stoplight I went into Settings and checked to see if I was to be blessed with 1.7, but no.

Then the software engineer in me had an idea. I turned off 'Automatically Download Updates' pressed the Home button, then went back into Settings and turned 'Automatically Download Updates' back on. 20 minutes after I returned home the VC app notified me that an update was available. I returned to the car, and it's was prompting me to start the update.

Coincidence? Probably, but it might be worth a try!

FWIW, update seems to have completed successfully.
Makes sense. Turning off and on fixes many things in the software universe :)

When the car fails to synch for music with my phone I turn bt on and off and it always fixes it :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was also referred to my dealership for this issue. There's zero chance I'm paying them to fix it, it's an advertised feature of the vehicle not working (not to mention the manufacturer themselves telling me to take it in).

Unfortunately both nearby dealers are booked out 3-4 weeks.
After waiting since late October the update appeared out of the blue yesterday and installed without any issues in around 30-45 minutes. I had a service appointment scheduled for this coming Tuesday, but it seems like it does eventually - with no rhyme or reason - get rolled out to us all. I kinda felt like I was the last one to get it, but hang in there.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
It would be funny if OTA actually spread like a virus. To catch it you need to be close to a P8 with it long enough to down load it. It is 100% not using that model which I just pulled out of my sense of humor and yet the way it actually works seems odd.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts