Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no odomator and around 500km (310 miles) on the car after a week of driving, is there a mileage requirement before it start showing up? I also cannot reboot my modem, nothing happens to LTE on upper centre panel but when I reboot entertainment screen I notice the small x and LTE disappears during that process, could that be the reboot of modem happening?

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
149 Posts
The odometer should be visible after pressing the center button on the right hand side of the steering wheel. Button #3 in this picture:

Rebooting the modem:
  • Press and hold the Defrost button for 20 seconds, or until the tiny 'LTE' symbol changes in the upper-left corner of the infotainment screen. (the modem will restart)

Reactions: 340driver

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Bursting Blue
255 Posts
The odometer should be visible after pressing the center button on the right hand side of the steering wheel. Button #3 in this picture:
Heh... paddle shifters? Gotta love the "reuse" of manual elements, even if they are still mostly correct.

I'm kind of disappointed that the odometer doesn't show all the time but it's no big deal. It's not like I'm tracking gas expenditures as I did with every single fill-up of my previous vehicle.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Bursting Blue
255 Posts
Hold the defrost button for 20+ seconds to reboot the modem.
I had my first LTE outage on Saturday. I don't know if it was in a signal-less area or not. It came back after a couple more miles towards home.

Which button is the defrost??? :-/ I tried holding both buttons left of volume knob, didn't seem to do anything. Except turn on my defrosters and mirror/wiper warmers...

·
Registered
81 Posts
The front defroster button. Hold it down for 20 plus seconds. It is the left-most defrost button under the round dial. The right one being the rear defrost button.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Rebooting the modem:
  • Press and hold the Defrost button for 20 seconds, or until the tiny 'LTE' symbol changes in the upper-left corner of the infotainment screen. (the modem will restart)
Yes , I finally found the odometer but I just assumed it would always show. No luck with resetting the modem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts