Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I missing something? Hot day, stopped for a quick run into the store but my passenger, staying in the car, couldn’t get any A/C. Is there a way to alter the HVAC setting for this?

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
225 Posts
I haven't tried this myself, but I've heard that the passenger can tap or double-tap the the home button to wake up the system.

·
Registered
315 Posts
If you go into the climate menu there is a way to turn on the system and it runs for a while (30mins if memory service me right; its my wife‘s car so i dont drive it as often as her). You can also start the HVAC from the app (VOC). Otherwise, as JT said above— some people have had success tapping dash buttons to get HVAC back online during passenger occupying the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This drives me crazy also. I did notice that when I stand up out of the car, if I immediately lean back in and turn the HVAC on, it stays on, which is consistent with having the passenger do it. Haven’t done it for long stints.

·
Registered
315 Posts
FWIW there is a definite way to “start” the AC to run before you exit the car, to ensure your passenger (*human, animal, or otherwise) stays comfortable. You have to put the car in park, first. Then you press the climate menu (tap the temperature at the center/bottom of big screen). Then at the top of screen you tap the 2nd item in the header (forget what it says/called; “climate timer” maybe?) and then from there a big start/turn-on button mid-screen is available but only if the vehicle is in park/stationary. That will then run for a bit— this will be useful for those of us in cold climates as the winter comes up, so keep the car toasty while you’re in a store/grocery for 20 to 30 mins etc—

·
Registered
2021 Glacier Silver XC40 Recharge P8
181 Posts
FWIW there is a definite way to “start” the AC to run before you exit the car, to ensure your passenger (*human, animal, or otherwise) stays comfortable. You have to put the car in park, first. Then you press the climate menu (tap the temperature at the center/bottom of big screen). Then at the top of screen you tap the 2nd item in the header (forget what it says/called; “climate timer” maybe?) and then from there a big start/turn-on button mid-screen is available but only if the vehicle is in park/stationary. That will then run for a bit— this will be useful for those of us in cold climates as the winter comes up, so keep the car toasty while you’re in a store/grocery for 20 to 30 mins etc—
Correct sequence. This works for me everytime. The 2nd item mentioned is "Parking"

·
Registered
2021 Volvo P8. MFD 1/21. 20" ride. OTA 11/02. White aka ORKA.
698 Posts
I haven't tried this myself, but I've heard that the passenger can tap or double-tap the the home button to wake up the system.
Yes, leave the car key with passenger, tap the home button and the AC stays on.
Also great recommendation of selecting for AC / Heater to run while you step out for quick errand.
Question: when manually engaged, toss the AC stay at the temperature of choice OR die it default to 72 ?

·
Registered
2021 Volvo P8. MFD 1/21. 20" ride. OTA 11/02. White aka ORKA.
698 Posts
Yes, leave the car key with passenger, tap the home button and the AC stays on.
Also great recommendation of selecting for AC / Heater to run while you step out for quick errand.
Question: when manually engaged, toss the AC stay at the temperature of choice OR die it default to 72 ?
Sorry for typos!!!! Does it default to 72 when manually engaged ? If activated through VOC, it defaults to 72

1 - 8 of 8 Posts