Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took delivery on a '20 Fusion Red RDesign T5 w/ Polestar. This is my first Volvo.

We've been all BMW (even my motorcycle) people. I demoed the X1 and didn't fit on the seat. The bolsters were too close together, and I don't warrant as "WIDE LOAD" sign. Otherwise, there just wasn't enough in the X1 to warrant the money, especially compared to the XC40. I know I'm preaching to the converted, but that's much of what drove my decision. YT videos were useful, but some were not as useful as others. The pseudo-happenin' "Yo! Yo! Yo! Wha'sup" got the skip button. The Brits, because there are differences, made it through the filter but weren't my first choice.

With COVID, this poor car's going to sit much too much, but so it goes. Otherwise, it'll be used for a mix of go-fer and 100+ mile trips.

Reactions: Jezza

·
167 Posts
Congratulations and welcome. The XC40 is also the first non-German European car I've owned. Globalization of technology and manufacturing has made cars less distinct. Take all the badging off and most would have a hard time distinguishing between a 2021 Kia and Audi these days. I said "most," not "all," but 20 years ago there would have been no comparison.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome.

Regularly renting cars in Germany, and getting a mix of brands and models, the distinctions are, I suppose, not blindingly obvious. NTL I have a short list of "don't even bother to send me out in that car" cars. There's a Peugeot that IMNSHO should be tossed on the scrap heap after it comes out of the factory door. Ditto for an Yaris. Oddly, it's been a long time since I've been offered a VW. I've repeated the Opel Astra and the Ford Focus. They're definitely different from each other. Ditto for the Nissan Qashqai (there's a unique model name!).

The all-time winner for "now that's different" is the DS (up-market company from Citroen/PSA)

Here in the States, I've sampled Ford, Chevy, and Chrysler... They have the unique qualities (Chrysler has a weird clock - looks like a wind-up clock from the 40's - 50's).

PS The Jeep Compass is also on the "no way in ****" list. Miserable in too many ways to list. GRRR...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Neighbor here... Lancaster County, PA.

My 2020 XC40 Inscription is the best car I have ever driven - even with its quirks.

Enjoy it!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Howdy from the other end of Rt 23! ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts