Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my 2021 XC40 R-Design to replace my 2019 XC40 R-Design. I loved my 2019 and while I’ll miss a couple of the features Volvo got rid of, overall it’s a great car for the price. Anyway... Dealer gave me the key packet - one Remote Key, one Orange Care Key, one Buttonless Key Tag (sport key) and one Valet key (another valet key was already in the car). I asked for the 2nd Remote key and was told Volvo doesn’t include a 2nd regular fob which was untrue with my 2019. The 2019 had everything stated above plus a 2nd normal fob or Remote Key.

What did y’all get with yours?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks my 19 had a red fob it’s orange with the 21 but my dealership insists they don’t come with a 2nd regular fob anymore. Kinda ridiculous.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2021 R-Design and only got 1 black key fob, 1 orange key fob and a sport key fob. What does your "valet" key fob look like? I need to ask my dealership for that if I was supposed to get one.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Since you got the 2021 version, you got kinda screwed.

I have both the 2020 and 2021... the 2020 comes with two main keyfobs and a red keyfob - which is great. I drive both my wife's car and mine car every other few days (to get car washes). My son has the red keyfob...

But with the 2021, I am forced to use the orange keyfob - which is limited.

The worst part is getting a new main key is super outrageously expensive (something like $400 to $500).

Not happy about this at all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Since you got the 2021 version, you got kinda screwed.

I have both the 2020 and 2021... the 2020 comes with two main keyfobs and a red keyfob - which is great. I drive both my wife's car and mine car every other few days (to get car washes). My son has the red keyfob...

But with the 2021, I am forced to use the orange keyfob - which is limited.

The worst part is getting a new main key is super outrageously expensive (something like $400 to $500).

Not happy about this at all.
Same. Not happy with a couple of the changes from the '19 to the '21 but the fob situation is my biggest issue. My dealer quoted me the same pricing for a 2nd black fob. In the meantime, Hubs is using the sport key as his "normal" fob since at least that one can be paired with his profile. We'll see how it goes. Might be even better since its so small to fit in a pocket. We attached a small cellphone lanyard to it so hopefully it doesn't get lost. Or washed. But hey, its waterproof, right?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a 2021 R-Design and only got 1 black key fob, 1 orange key fob and a sport key fob. What does your "valet" key fob look like? I need to ask my dealership for that if I was supposed to get one.
Sorry about the confusing terminology. I have 1 black, 1 orange, 1 sport and 2 glove box keys (one was in the glove box and a 2nd one was given to me labeled "valet")

1 - 12 of 12 Posts