Volvo XC40 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I have my car back 3 days and driven it 2 of those days. I will post video later but gauge cluster map is struggling at time to render. At first I thought maybe new maps downloading, but went to a store about 6 miles away then back and it did it both ways, so I would assume those maps were already downloaded on the way back. I will give it a few more days to see what happens. They did a battery rest for the car due to the other per 1.7 unresponsiveness and lock ups. Not sure if my new IHU is an issue or for every bug they fix they introduce more.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Fix one break one. Seems someone needs to hire better QA people, oh wait we paid to be the QA team. 🤬

it goes blank occasionally with only the direction arrow.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Not yet, will try it in AM when I get in car. No one should complain about Tesla that owns a Volvo with all this buggy software.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge Sage
23 Posts
This is what seems to be happening most times I drive the car since 1.7.

I am beginning to thing the June/July updates were pretty solid compared to August and October.
This happens to me and I am not on 1.7. Since 1.6 this started in my car - although not as often as your video shows. I was hoping it would be fixed in 1.7, guess not.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I wish Volvo had a way to report these bugs without going to the dealer. I would not be surprised is many bugs are not making it back to Volvo because people don’t take it to dealer for this, dealers are clueless and without video evidence it is hard to document this to Volvo.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
OK, rebooted this morning and the entire 12 mile drive to work was great, no map issues. BUT, on the way home the car would never get GPS or cell signal the entire 12 mile ride home. When I got in garage I got out, 20 min later got back in car, still neither signal, rebooted again and all normal. I think some of this stuff is related to the car being locked. I do no lock it in the garage, but I do at work for 8-9 hours. I locked it in garager tonight and wife will use it in 36 hours to got to her job. We will see. Already logged the complaint with the dealer and sent videos. Not bring it back to Volvo yet. I am at 32 days out of service so basically I have time to see if things get better or worse, if worse paper work for lemon law claim is ready to go. If not then we might get a C40 that I ordered next year if they fix all these software gremlins.

Reactions: SeattleCat

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·

Meanwhile, Volvo Recharge customers fell asleep while hitting the refresh button on the update screen.
My fav line in the article: “The company has required owners who opt in to the FSD beta to sign non-disclosure agreements, and asked that they refrain from sharing video clips online of the system’s mistakes.”

Nothing builds confidence in a self-driving car than promising not to share the mistakes. Yikes.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
40 Posts
I had my dealer update my car to 1.7 last Friday and it broke the charging completely. I was already having charging issues with public chargers not working and my home charger stopping and restarting. But after 1.7 all I got was repeated charging errors so I took it right back to the dealer. Now I'm waiting, potentially for weeks, for them to get a replacement on board charger from Volvo.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge P8 Sage Green
36 Posts
Ouch! I have not had any charging problems with my home L2 charger or with a pair of DC fast chargers

·
Premium Member
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
240 Posts
My fav line in the article: “The company has required owners who opt in to the FSD beta to sign non-disclosure agreements, and asked that they refrain from sharing video clips online of the system’s mistakes.”

Nothing builds confidence in a self-driving car than promising not to share the mistakes. Yikes.
Tesla has dropped the NDA for this latest FSD update. But, they are using an insurance algorithm to calculate the safety score of those who receive the next update.
CNBC : Tesla invites more drivers to ‘Full Self-Driving Beta’ program — read the email here

·
Registered
2021 Glacier Silver XC40 Recharge P8
130 Posts
I had my dealer update my car to 1.7 last Friday and it broke the charging completely. I was already having charging issues with public chargers not working and my home charger stopping and restarting. But after 1.7 all I got was repeated charging errors so I took it right back to the dealer. Now I'm waiting, potentially for weeks, for them to get a replacement on board charger from Volvo.
Hmmm. Not so sure I want the 1.7 update when it's my turn. Every things working well and I want it to stay that way. Is it possible to opt out or just not do the update?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Hmmm. Not so sure I want the 1.7 update when it's my turn. Every things working well and I want it to stay that way. Is it possible to opt out or just not do the update?
For now you would have to take your car in to get it.

If it goes ota it is like every other device you have and you will say no every time you drive or you could switch the automatic update toggle to off. Then your safe from upgrades.

As much as I want the features in 1.7 like you my car is perfect so NOPE for now :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ok could be a coincidence, but I took my car in to get an update because of some software bugs (GPS/LTE modem randomly stops working), and they said the update failed. They spent 6 days troubleshooting and ended up ordering a new onboard charger. Waiting on that to be delivered and installed now.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
168 Posts
Would either of you mind sharing your vehicle build date?
I wonder if they changed the rev of the onboard charger and mistakenly matched the wrong version needed for that subcomponent - causing it to be bricked.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I wish I could, but my car is still at the dealership while they wait for the part. I'll try and remember that once I get my car back to post it

41 - 60 of 239 Posts