Volvo XC40 Forum banner

How happy were you your ap8 sales experience.

• Very happy

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Happy

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Neutral

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unhappy

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Very unhappy

Votes: 3 17.6%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering how rare good or bad experiences were with the sales team /person for your P8 buying experience.

·
Registered
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
226 Posts
My sales rep, Rob Maresca, Hunter Volvo, was knowledgeable about the P8 (although I was able to show him some things about the vehicle he didn’t know) and enthusiastic. This was only the 3rd P8 this dealership had sold (they sold their demo) and is low volume for BEV. The finance office was the only part of the experience that keeps me from giving them top marks.

And they gave me 3 keys ...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Mine was great - Samer Alshaar at Volvo San Jose CA. Knowledgeable, diligent, pleasant, personable .This kid's going to go far.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Mine was a Joke.... and the Service Mgr was a Clown..... I STILL have to go back to deal with them on my $1k Accessories which I have till end of the Year to select etc.... I'd better order now since I won't hear from them for a good few weeks or months I'm sure.

·
Registered
28 Posts
While my knowledge of the car was above theirs (and I find that is always the case for every car I bought in my life ... I'm a typical engineer who researches most purchases), the sales experience was a good one with Volvo of Worcester Massachusetts. That had zero pressure on anything, treated me well as a customer and didn't even try to put any pressure on the post-sales / "finance guy" part of it. In addition, they were more than willing to trade cars with another dealer to get the options / color I wanted. This was also true of other cars I bought from them in the past and why I'm a repeat customer there.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Bursting Blue
256 Posts
My experience at Niello Volvo in Sacramento is pretty much the same as @CaymanR
They didn't know all that much about it vs the other cars but the sale experience was very easygoing.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is all very heartening for those of us who had aweful experiences that are in going (6 weeks in and I find out they forgot to order the plates) and I find out by having to actually be cranky at them on the day the dealer plates expire after a week of leaving messages and being promised they will get back to us.

I cannot do mean and cranky so I had one of my wives do it. One is an engineer manager in construction and the other is a teacher. Both are lovely and warm but they can both bring it in ways I cannot :)

·
Registered
609 Posts
This is all very heartening for those of us who had aweful experiences that are in going (6 weeks in and I find out they forgot to order the plates) and I find out by having to actually be cranky at them on the day the dealer plates expire after a week of leaving messages and being promised they will get back to us.

I cannot do mean and cranky so I had one of my wives do it. One is an engineer manager in construction and the other is a teacher. Both are lovely and warm but they can both bring it in ways I cannot :)
Wait wait….they “forgot” ???? I’d better go check with mine it expires Jul 20th
Maybe cut them some slack….my Service Mgr may just tell me that EVs don’t need license plate

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wait wait….they “forgot” ???? I’d better go check with mine it expires Jul 20th
Maybe cut them some slack….my Service Mgr may just tell me that EVs don’t need license plate
He he at least every time they say we will call you back they do … wait wait that’s service. Sales has called back once in 50 promises?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So they lost the paper that we signed for the odometer.
They have now lost this twice. At least the first time they lost it and made us drop it of again they contacted us.
How can a business function so incompetently!!

Thankfully wife(1)s teacher voice got them to comply!!! They have stopped grown men fighting on public transport with teacher voice. It is definitely a thing :)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I will say my experience was great. I am in Atlanta and wanted a red or blue P8. Nearest red was 450 miles away in Tampa. That dealer was great,but capstan to ship car to me was too much. I found a blue one 150 miles away in Greenville SC. I started chatting with sale person via IM on their website and rather quickly I had a deal with an offer to delivery it to me. They took $2K off plus I has $1000 loyalty and $1000 affiliate. Because the dealer and I wanted deal done before June 1 (free ChargePoint and this incentives) and it was Friday they offered to bring it to me on Sunday. I offered to pay to flat bed it to me ($600). On Sunday around 1pm the truck and dealer showed up. They had me inspect the car after unloading and sales person spent time with me walking through the car. We signed paperwork and I pulled it in my garage.

Mind you the dealer did all this without a penny in deposit.

Reactions: SeattleCat

·
Registered
83 Posts
Annapolis Volvo in Annapolis, Maryland. They were still learning about the P8, but were very cooperative once I informed them about the various offers and incentives that I learned about on this forum. The service guy was particularly good about the update and the free $1K in accessories. They told me up front that SiriusXM, VOC, and Apple Carplay would not be ready for a couple of months.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Annapolis Volvo in Annapolis, Maryland. They were still learning about the P8, but were very cooperative once I informed them about the various offers and incentives that I learned about on this forum. The service guy was particularly good about the update and the free $1K in accessories. They told me up front that SiriusXM, VOC, and Apple Carplay would not be ready for a couple of months.
Had a great experience with Alex Blyth at Borton Volvo in Minneapolis. She was very knowledgable about the car and continues to help if I need assistance. Brett in their service department also does a great job.

·
Registered
22 Posts
First post had to sign up after finding so much great data here!!

Anyway, bought from Barrington Volvo, sales rep had about 10% of the information on the XC40 Recharge, and the other 90% he winged it or flat out lied (as he didn't know). Was told regenerative braking will not stop the car, it does, was told a few things that I found after the sale are not there yet (Volvo On Call working, Android Auto Working, Waze within Android Automotive and OTA working 100%).

Same old sales process (having to go back to the manager literally 5 times for him to work on numbers, give me a break, it's 2021, tiring to see those same old 1950's sales tactics).

What really is still upsetting is the flat out lie about ChargePoint and their charger, was told I'd be contacted the same week as I picked up the XC40, it's been several weeks now and no word. The dealer did try and push me to take the $500 ChargePoint coupon code and we'd much rather take the charger, still waiting and am escelating to region customer service team tomorrow.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I've shared repeatedly how shocking my Dealer and Service Dept. had been since taken delivery end of May.... I'm SO proud to report that they DID NOT forget to order the license plate ! AND....they even pro-actively texted to inform that I could pick them up! M-U-S-T
B-U-Y LOTTERY TICKETS !

Today I went o pick up those plates.... had informed them earlier that I wanted to opt for the $750 gift cards vs. $1k accessories...... of course once again, WITHOUT even checking, by default...."NO". So again....have to make copies of the Bulletin, help them interpret statements published..... long story short, remind them it's a Corporate Bulletin, not Dealer specific deal so they can't flat out just say "NO". To put icing, Findog was great to share his Dealer info, so I'd informed mine..."Oh...this Dealer had issued this....". Now they're taking the backward-step dance...... Sigh....the JOY of dealing with Dealers......

BUT..... Still love the car every single second ! Can't drive it enough!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts