Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I am considering buying an XC40 plug-in hybrid and I wanted to ask the owners what is their opinion about this car.

What do you like and what do you hate about the car?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey,

I am considering buying an XC40 plug-in hybrid and I wanted to ask the owners what is their opinion about this car.

What do you like and what do you hate about the car?

Thanks!
I just love it - my favourite car! Every car has its faults - nothing serious but.....

1. Software could be easily improved - hopefully it will be.....
2. I find it annoying that Volvo's do not self lock on exit - you have to remember to lock every time - apparently Volvo view it as a safety concern - so you cannot accidentally lock a child in the car - there must be a better way to achieve this...
3. An extra 10km's on battery would be great - I get about 37 on average - most of the time enough

Comfort - safety features - sound system - finish - look - zip on electric etc etc etc

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just love it - my favourite car! Every car has its faults - nothing serious but.....

1. Software could be easily improved - hopefully it will be.....
2. I find it annoying that Volvo's do not self lock on exit - you have to remember to lock every time - apparently Volvo view it as a safety concern - so you cannot accidentally lock a child in the car - there must be a better way to achieve this...
3. An extra 10km's on battery would be great - I get about 37 on average - most of the time enough

Comfort - safety features - sound system - finish - look - zip on electric etc etc etc

Hi!

Here goes.... I have the 2020 XC40 R Design
Cons- 1#- You have to push the start button 3 times to shut off the car. 2#- The road noise is deafening. #3- The gas tank is very small #4- No CD player if you prefer that. #5- While driving my nav screen went dark, was told to stop and shut the car on and off and that will fix it, it did?? #6- The quality is nothing like the XC 60 or 90. I will be returning back to a BMW is a few years. Such a shame..... disappointing for Volvo. I only tell you this to spare you the expense and time.

Pros- Small SUV that fits my small stature.
Nancy

·
Registered
1 Posts
With auto transmission, when I stop I just press the start/stop button and the engine switches off and park brake is applied.
The start stop button is a bit awkwardly put though - behind the wheel at my stance...
The car should not auto lock a PHEV, then I wouldn't be able to plugin the car without unlocking...
If Volvo is reading: A long press on the shut tailgate button should close the tailgate and lock the door

1 - 4 of 4 Posts