Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
It’s a crappy design. Considering it says about the screen cleaning they could and should of added “and hold on for another 30 seconds to get a reboot”.

·
Registered
514 Posts
It’s a crappy design. Considering it says about the screen cleaning they could and should of added “and hold on for another 30 seconds to get a reboot”.
Disagree. Some hidden features - like rebooting when troubleshooting - should be hidden, not hit-you-in-the-face obvious. Were it not for bugs & problems, no normal user should ever have to use this feature. The real solution is to make the system stable enough not to need this.

I suppose you think Apple iPhone is a "crappy design" too, because its reboot feature is completely hidden & non-intuitive? 😉 (Hint, it's Volume Up, then Volume Down, then hold Power button for 30 seconds).

·
Registered
97 Posts
But there are bugs and problems, which why even normal users need to reboot occasionally. I don’t understand why it should be hidden. Why not leave it in plain sight. If you don’t need it, don’t use it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Heck Tesla has had bugs and incomplete software for over 8 years, Volvo only 8 months.
After 4 years and 60k miles, I'm very happy with my Model S 100D. Some hiccups along the way but I really like it. The last 3 years the software's been very stable for my uses.

The P8 is for my wife, it's the perfect size small EV SUV for her. We traded in her MB GLK 350. And I do enjoy the P8's ride, I just dislike the A.A.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Keep holding even longer, until the screen cleaning text goes away. Usually at least 30 seconds.
Thank you for that!! It cured the problem that I have been having with the new SiriusXM on my XC40 Recharge. I had it at the dealership two days ago and they said they could not fix the problem and I would have to wait for a download fix.

Mark Blumer (East Lansing, Michigan)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts