Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the ota download finished a couple of days ago. Decided I should install it so that I never accidentally install it and get locked out in the middle of nowhere.

So I got in my car (got offered to upgrade) backed out of that. Drove to shops. Failed to charge (a bolt was nibbling on the sole charge station). Got home. Unloaded car and then tried to work out how to initiate the upgrade.

Is it in systems upgrade … nope. Only thing there is a toggle for auto down load.

Looked around. Could not find it. Poor spouse(1) was standing there with the dog so In the end I gave up.

Got out of car. Almost made it it out of garage and thought “maybe it offers it when I unlock” so I left spouse went back to car unlocked and. . . Drummrole. Nothing.

Help me I have an ota downloaded but do not know how to initiate it.

·
Registered
'21 XC40 Recharge P8 Sage Green
925 Posts
Swipe down on small bar at top of screen - to reveal the Notifications panel. It should be in there.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did swipe down. Maybe I swiped down at the wrong time. Wait I did swipe down and it said no notifications. Which I thought was odd at the time.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Went back to car. Pulled down as bainbridge said and there was the software update option.
Thanks. Fingers crossed it does not mess up soouse(2)s day :)

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Standing here looking into my car there is no evidence it is updating …. Such an odd way of doing things. No progress bar. Just sits on the previous do you any to do this screen until it powered down.

·
Registered
'21 XC40 Recharge P8 Sage Green
925 Posts
Standing here looking into my car there is no evidence it is updating …. Such an odd way of doing things. No progress bar. Just sits on the previous do you any to do this screen until it powered down.
It's like Santa at Christmas - no peeking, else you don't get any presents.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, apparently it won't install unless the car is locked. Still waiting for my notification that I have a OTA to install. Let us know how it all comes out.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The keys are far enough away that you cannot manually unlock the car by lifting the handle. The range to use the fob to remotely lock/unlock is quite far. So I can put the keys as far from the car within my home as possible and still use the remote to unlock or lock it, but when the keys are that far away, I cannot unlock the car by lifting the handle unless the remote is in my pocket.

Nowhere have I read about moving the keys from the range of the car for the update.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Might want to make a faraday cage for the keys. Or a tin foil box. The microwave would probably also work. :)

Not sure that the keys have to be out of range but it is just something else to consider.

Wrap them in tin foil and out them in your unplugged microwave :)

Let us know if that makes any difference.

Cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts