Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the ota download finished a couple of days ago. Decided I should install it so that I never accidentally install it and get locked out in the middle of nowhere.

So I got in my car (got offered to upgrade) backed out of that. Drove to shops. Failed to charge (a bolt was nibbling on the sole charge station). Got home. Unloaded car and then tried to work out how to initiate the upgrade.

Is it in systems upgrade … nope. Only thing there is a toggle for auto down load.

Looked around. Could not find it. Poor spouse(1) was standing there with the dog so In the end I gave up.

Got out of car. Almost made it it out of garage and thought “maybe it offers it when I unlock” so I left spouse went back to car unlocked and. . . Drummrole. Nothing.

Help me I have an ota downloaded but do not know how to initiate it.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did swipe down. Maybe I swiped down at the wrong time. Wait I did swipe down and it said no notifications. Which I thought was odd at the time.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And thanks for speedy reply :)

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Went back to car. Pulled down as bainbridge said and there was the software update option.
Thanks. Fingers crossed it does not mess up soouse(2)s day :)

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Standing here looking into my car there is no evidence it is updating …. Such an odd way of doing things. No progress bar. Just sits on the previous do you any to do this screen until it powered down.

·
Registered
7 Posts
OTA say takes about 1:30hrs to complete so I was just press install and lock the car, come back all done.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, apparently it won't install unless the car is locked. Still waiting for my notification that I have a OTA to install. Let us know how it all comes out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts