Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find how to keep track of the miles used since my last fuel fill up. I know that there are a number of trip meter type settings, but they all seem to reset when the car remains stationary for an extended period of time. I'd like to be able to zero out a trip meter when I fill up with fuel and have it register my mileage until my next fill up, when I would reset it. I know that it can show me far many miles I can anticipate until my next fill up, but I prefer to set the meter and track my mileage between fill ups. I've gone through the owners manuals and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Is this an available function, or will I just have to rely on the estimated distance to the next required fill up ??

Stan

·
Registered
48 Posts
I can't seem to find how to keep track of the miles used since my last fuel fill up. I know that there are a number of trip meter type settings, but they all seem to reset when the car remains stationary for an extended period of time. I'd like to be able to zero out a trip meter when I fill up with fuel and have it register my mileage until my next fill up, when I would reset it. I know that it can show me far many miles I can anticipate until my next fill up, but I prefer to set the meter and track my mileage between fill ups. I've gone through the owners manuals and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Is this an available function, or will I just have to rely on the estimated distance to the next required fill up ??
Press in on the button on the left stalk on the driver's wheel. I know, I know - lots of hidden "easter eggs" on Volvo cars.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just to add to CarPhan post. If you press RESET briefly, it will reset the current TM (trip odometer). If you press and hold for three seconds, it will also reset the trip stats (average fuel consumption, speed, etc)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I didn't really explain very well what I'm trying to find out. What I would like to do is have something that measures the mileage since I last filled my fuel tank. I know how to set the trip meter, but the only trip meters I can find reset themselves when the car sits for any period of time. So it measures "trips", but what I want to measure is the distance I've traveled between fill ups.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It seems there are two trip odometers i.e. TA and TM.
TA automatically resets after 4 hours of not using the vehicle, and TM you reset youself, so you can do it after every filling of the gas tank.
More info under this link

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, that's just what I was looking for. How did you discover that, by hit and miss or did you find it somewhere in the owners manual? I certainly couldn't find it in the manual..

·
Registered
16 Posts
I couldn't believe there is no option to reset the odometer only when you want to do it, so googled it at volvo web site. You can do it also at "volvo manual' app accesible in app store (for iphones)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Slawek, I have the Volvo manual app on my phone and couldn't find anything other than the trip meter that resets after a 4 hour layover.

·
Registered
16 Posts
no idea why. Don’t think manuals vary depending on continent. Maybe it depends on YOB? Honestly, mine is on order only, I’ll get it in 2 months but trying to learn it in advance

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sure that you'll be happy with you car. Our previous two vehicles were a Mercedes E350 and a Jaguar XE and we like this little Volvo better than either of those vehicles. Very comfortable, fun to drive and not everyone has one.

·
Registered
2020 XC40 T5/R-Design/AWD/Polestar Engineered/Black on Black
17 Posts
no idea why. Don’t think manuals vary depending on continent. Maybe it depends on YOB? Honestly, mine is on order only, I’ll get it in 2 months but trying to learn it in advance
Ha. Ha. The trip odometer and mileage baffled me for many hours until I discovered that TA automatically resets after 4 hours of shut down. TM is manually reset with the button on the left hand stalk. And, you can select which is displayed. I will state that Volvo certainly does things differently than everyone else.

·
Registered
2020 XC40 T5/R-Design/AWD/Polestar Engineered/Black on Black
17 Posts
Ha. Ha. The trip odometer and mileage baffled me for many hours until I discovered that TA automatically resets after 4 hours of shut down. TM is manually reset with the button on the left hand stalk. And, you can select which is displayed. I will state that Volvo certainly does things differently than everyone else.
Obviously this applies to TM for trip miles and for TA for average mileage.

·
Registered
7 Posts
the onboard dashscreen. Swipe down select driver somthing manual (mine is in Norwegian :) ) find search and search it up :) done in seconds

1 - 14 of 14 Posts