Brilliant idea. If included for the XC40 as well, I would buy that one immediately.The C40 is a really fun car. But what if there were an R version?
Other ideas? Different approach? If anything goes, what would YOU want to see?
- Grab the powertrain from the Polestar 2 BST (bumping power up to 476 HP)
- Increase track by using slightly different hubs and then fitting slightly wider wheels and tires under small fender flares
- Add lowering springs (about 10mm) and Öhlins 2-way adjustable dampers
- Stiffen the roll bars and add strut tower stiffeners as needed to reduce chassis flex
- Grab the seats from the S60R but cover them in a fabric more in line with the C40 ethos (maybe a bright color wool?)
- Change the trim to a machined aluminum textured surface or a "light through" pattern unique to the R (carbon fiber is overdone - let's be different)
- Enable a mode switch (paddles? twist knob?) in software for drive modes (econ / sport / drift / mud / snow / sand) or even better a slider to bias the power front to rear
- Remove the top speed limiter (and then let's see what it will REALLY do in the 1/4 mile when it's unchained)
- Engaging a mode changes the color scheme of the driver display
- Finally, add some colors that aren't tame...no greys or earth tones...maybe a full on Blue/Yellow color scheme based on the Swedish flag?
Regarding the extended power, it was communicated some time ago that the same Polestar 2 power option was planned to be available ota for Volvo as well. But, I haven't heard anything more. Let's keep our fingers crossed