Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Recharge for 2 weeks. Today was a crazy hot day in the Northeast, mid 90s. With the AC on, I noticed a louder than normal compressor/fan sound...especially when stopped. Never noticed it before (cooler temps) but certainly a noticable loud sound and almost vibrating. If I shut AC off, sound goes away. Could it be heat related or heat pump related?? Anyone experience this? It's such a quiet car that these sorts of things are really noticable.

Registered
I live in the PNW and my baby's fan was working overtime after I pulled into my garage after work. Has to be the fan(s) doing their best to cool off the engine. I probably made it worse by pre-conditioning the car for about 20 min before I even left work, since it was 111 degrees outside 馃槵. So far nothing has melted and car seems to be ok (knock on wood)

Registered
It鈥檚 just your baby fanning herself. I would not worry about sounds. In fact I would worry if it was not making more sounds. Poor thing having to go out in the mean weather.

Hopefully soon it will be gone and in a while they will repair our buckled (in the heat) highway :)

Reactions: Sbrittxc

Registered
Yes and Yes....it was >100F in Dallas, TX a week ago.... when parked in the sun, the car had registered 115F EASILY. At work that one day, co-worker came to me and said "....hey....I think your car is on...." which it was.... Then when juicing up at home, the Garage was hot to begin with, the Car was LOUD and remitting heat from the bottom too; Garage was like a sauna.... Who saved the day ? THIS BOARD! I had detailed the experience, the sound, the heat..... and was told it's "normal", the Car is merely cooling itself.... On YouTube, some have posted Nissan Leaf in a garage and yes, LOUD....

So now, I'm more educated, thanks to the Board. I could be wrong, but i believe P8 uses liquid coolant system.

Registered
Yesterday in Seattle with 104 I had the same experience. Today, everything is running well and not as noisy鈥88 degrees does not require all the extra cooling luckily 馃榾

Registered
Glad our babies can survive the heat :)

Registered
I drove for a couple of hours yesterday in the 99掳 Boston heat. For a while, the dashboard temperature gauge was reading 104掳. I heard a lot of the fans that other people are hearing, and I think one of them was coming from behind the screen, probably to cool the infotainment system.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I drove for a couple of hours yesterday in the 99掳 Boston heat. For a while, the dashboard temperature gauge was reading 104掳. I heard a lot of the fans that other people are hearing, and I think one of them was coming from behind the screen, probably to cool the infotainment system.
Yes! That's the general area the fan sound / slight vibrating came from.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts