Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I read in the manual that there is a homelink system built into the mirror.
This will open a garage door.
Do you know if it is possible to add it? Do you use this system and what do you think?

·
Registered
2020 T5 Momentum
25 Posts
Hello, I read in the manual that there is a homelink system built into the mirror.
This will open a garage door.
Do you know if it is possible to add it? Do you use this system and what do you think?
I've had it in many cars and use it all the time. Eliminates the need for a garage opener in the car. You can do other things with it too but I haven't.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[QUOTE = "Romer, message: 12211, membre: 2028"]
Je l'ai eu dans de nombreuses voitures et je l'utilise tout le temps. Élimine le besoin d'un ouvre-garage dans la voiture. Vous pouvez aussi faire d'autres choses avec, mais je ne l'ai pas fait.
[/CITATION]
I've had it in many cars and use it all the time. Eliminates the need for a garage opener in the car. You can do other things with it too but I haven't.
Ok. Do you have it in the xc40?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have it in my 2021 R-Design and really like it. It was very easy to program with my garage door opener.

·
Registered
2020 T5 Momentum
25 Posts
[QUOTE = "Romer, message: 12211, membre: 2028"]
Je l'ai eu dans de nombreuses voitures et je l'utilise tout le temps. Élimine le besoin d'un ouvre-garage dans la voiture. Vous pouvez aussi faire d'autres choses avec, mais je ne l'ai pas fait.
[/CITATION]

Ok. Do you have it in the xc40?
Yes--this is an XC40 site so I assumed it was assumed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Agreed. This is the easiest one to program out of several cars I've had with Homelink. I usually have to program it in two steps 1) inside the car (using one of my remotes that came with the garage door) and 2) use the "Smart" button on the garage door opener (or press some combination of keys on the door opener next to my door leading to the house). On the XC40, much to my dismay and pleasant surprise, I did not have to do the second step.

·
Registered
2020 Volvo XC40 T5 R-Design
34 Posts
My apartment garage wont work with homelink. sucks but it's not a deal breaker for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts