Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
224 Posts
In other car wash notes...I washed ours for the first time today at a manual DIY spray car wash. I think others noted as well...the locks and mirrors play ping-pong as you spray the side of the car - lock, unlock, lock...wondering if you can leave the key in the car to avoid this issue? I had the key in my pocket. Thoughts?

Also, when I was opening all the doors etc to dry off the door jambs, I opened the charge port and was surprised to see a puddle of water at the bottom where the pull-out DC charging cover is. You’d think there would be a drain there? Hmm....anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I suggest you not leave your keys inside at a car wash. There is a chance you can lock them in and not be able to get them out :)

And yes I get the same lock unlock behavior I rinse the mirrors first then the doors so it does not matter how they move.

Have not seen a puddle in the charge area but also not sure if I opened it to check either.

Did you wash/spray into your wheels? I do and so 2 40 P breaks on the way home to heat the. Up and dry them.

Did you wax the car?

Reminds me it’s been a few weeks since Margo had a bath. As soon as I am physically able it will be her bathing time :)

Cheers

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
224 Posts
I suggest you not leave your keys inside at a car wash. There is a chance you can lock them in and not be able to get them out :)

And yes I get the same lock unlock behavior I rinse the mirrors first then the doors so it does not matter how they move.

Have not seen a puddle in the charge area but also not sure if I opened it to check either.

Did you wash/spray into your wheels? I do and so 2 40 P breaks on the way home to heat the. Up and dry them.

Did you wax the car?

Reminds me it’s been a few weeks since Margo had a bath. As soon as I am physically able it will be her bathing time :)

Cheers
Thanks yeah reading up on it and it sounds like maybe the key can be locked in the car, then it becomes “inactive” and you have to unlock the car with a different key...odd! So yes, I don’t think I’ll try it at the carwash as that could be extremely inconvenient! Might try it at home though to see if I can lock a key in the car.

Yeah, I did wax the car shortly after we got it - I used Meguiar’s Ultimate Liquid Wax...have had good luck with it in the past.

I haven’t had any problem with the brakes (yet). I don’t think I’d have the guts to put the parking brake on while moving. Yes, I did wash the wheels (badly it seems as when I dried them I noticed they were still quite dirty!) I think from now on I’ll use my own home power washer and a bucket and soft wash mitt as it’s a lot better than the spray carwash. I was just being lazy.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
The parking break just does a nice smooth break. Sub abs in good conditions. Someone else on here suggested it. It’s not like pulling a parking break on a normal car.

I used the same wax. Works good.

·
Registered
2021 Glacier Silver XC40 Recharge P8
181 Posts
Thanks yeah reading up on it and it sounds like maybe the key can be locked in the car, then it becomes “inactive” and you have to unlock the car with a different key...odd! So yes, I don’t think I’ll try it at the carwash as that could be extremely inconvenient! Might try it at home though to see if I can lock a key in the car.

Yeah, I did wax the car shortly after we got it - I used Meguiar’s Ultimate Liquid Wax...have had good luck with it in the past.

I haven’t had any problem with the brakes (yet). I don’t think I’d have the guts to put the parking brake on while moving. Yes, I did wash the wheels (badly it seems as when I dried them I noticed they were still quite dirty!) I think from now on I’ll use my own home power washer and a bucket and soft wash mitt as it’s a lot better than the spray carwash. I was just being lazy.
If you have the VC app on your phone, even if you lock your key inside the car you can always unlock using the app -- assuming you have the phone on you.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
If you have the VC app on your phone, even if you lock your key inside the car you can always unlock using the app -- assuming you have the phone on you.
Very true about the app. I unlocked my car with the app last week when I forgot my keys but … would i risk being stranded at the car wash if the the voc app is having one of its off days … :) nope :)

Reactions: Greg S
1 - 7 of 7 Posts