Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone! After much shopping for a small SUV that was fun (my requirement) and comfortable (my wife's requirement) to drive, we both liked what the XC40 had to offer after comparing it to an Audi Q5, Mazda CX5 Signature Trim and a couple of other options.

However, we almost gave up on the XC40 and went with the XC60 since they are so **** hard to find! One particular Volvo dealer near me is even marking up the R and Momentum they have on the lot (seriously?). We got lucky by stumbling into Volvo Cars Seattle and they had an Inscription, just the way we would have ordered it, except for the color. The story goes that Volvo brought 5 for the auto show in Seattle and they only had space for 4, so they gave one to the dealership. We were lucky to walk in the same day they got the car.

So here we are, with an XC40 Inscription, within 3 weeks of our search. If we hadn't found it, we would have had to settle on something else since we needed a car now and could not wait for the delivery times that are being quoted.

Loving the car so far!

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congrats!!! Such a beauty!
I lucked out with my dealer texting me as a car was coming off the truck... I wanted white and black..but ended up with the even more elusive silver and black! Loooovvvveee it!!!

Enjoy!

What's up everyone! After much shopping for a small SUV that was fun (my requirement) and comfortable (my wife's requirement) to drive, we both liked what the XC40 had to offer after comparing it to an Audi Q5, Mazda CX5 Signature Trim and a couple of other options.

However, we almost gave up on the XC40 and went with the XC60 since they are so **** hard to find! One particular Volvo dealer near me is even marking up the R and Momentum they have on the lot (seriously?). We got lucky by stumbling into Volvo Cars Seattle and they had an Inscription, just the way we would have ordered it, except for the color. The story goes that Volvo brought 5 for the auto show in Seattle and they only had space for 4, so they gave one to the dealership. We were lucky to walk in the same day they got the car.

So here we are, with an XC40 Inscription, within 3 weeks of our search. If we hadn't found it, we would have had to settle on something else since we needed a car now and could not wait for the delivery times that are being quoted.

Loving the car so far!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Autofaher, welcome to the forum! Sweet ride and she is beautiful! Please keep us informed on you likes and dislikes with the vehicle. For us who are patiently waiting for either their ordered XC40 or dealer stock, currently live through you guys who have them already! Take care and enjoy your XC40!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts