Volvo XC40 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 167 Posts
Got car in July, no issues so far. I use spotify almost exclusively for entertainment and occasionally the content screen is blank but the music plays. I think it has to do with poor cell signal, not a car issue. I've also seen the map being slow to redraw once, haven't noticed again. Not sure which software version car is running, haven't bothered to check as things have been working.

I got mine at the beginning of May and absolutely love it, especially with our gas prices in CA right now! My only complaint is that the SiriusXM app isn't available yet and I have to stream it through my phone. Other than that, it has been smooth sailing for me. Enjoy!
Latest software update is 1.7 - if you have not rec'd it OTA you need to get the dealer to install it - its has the release of SiriusXM.

had my xc 40 for four months now, no issues at all.

no recalls either like most of the other manufactures, fords having problems with handling, Hyundai trouble with battery, volts problems with batteries.

volvo is very well engineered; as a mechanic I was a little weary about first year of a product, but so far no major problems.

It is on 2nd bar on screen but I believe you have to select down to go to 2nd line of 2nd bar since it is initially hidden. View attachment 1789 View attachment 1790 View attachment 1791
Of course the feature I wanted (used most in my other Volvo's) didn't automatically come with the 1.7 update. So I have an appointment to take it into the dealer and they will do the update there. Thanks for the visuals...I was looking in the right spot, it just wasn't there :(

I am having trouble with the TPMS system. It hasn't ever showed my pressures, despite 'storing' it. Anyone have any suggestions?
Are you trying to read the pressure while the car is parked?
Per the manual, it needs to be driven for a few minutes above 22mph to activate the system.
To be honest, I haven’t tried myself, I’ll have to check later when I take it out for a drive.
More excuses to take the **** car for a long drive ;)

Discussion starter · #72 ·
Are you trying to read the pressure while the car is parked?
Per the manual, it needs to be driven for a few minutes above 22mph to activate the system.
To be honest, I haven’t tried myself, I’ll have to check later when I take it out for a drive.
More excuses to take the **** car for a long drive ;)
yea, i just want to know the pressure in the tires. but, i am reading that may not be how the system works. i.e. there isn't a transmitter - rather, the works by comparing the tires rotational equivalency as you're driving. what a strange system. i may be wrong but i don't think i am.

I am having trouble with the TPMS system. It hasn't ever showed my pressures, despite 'storing' it. Anyone have any suggestions?
It doesn't show actual pressure. It calculates the tire radius using the wheel speed sensors and then is supposed to warn you when the relative pressures change. When you press 'store pressures' it will store the values after you've driven for a few miles, a notification appears to tell you when it's done.
When I checked my pressures a few days ago 3 were down about 3 psi and one about 5 psi, so it doesn't appear to be that sensitive.

It doesn't show actual pressure. It calculates the tire radius using the wheel speed sensors and then is supposed to warn you when the relative pressures change. When you press 'store pressures' it will store the values after you've driven for a few miles, a notification appears to tell you when it's done.
When I checked my pressures a few days ago 3 were down about 3 psi and one about 5 psi, so it doesn't appear to be that sensitive.
Yep, the car doesn't have TPMS sensors, it calculate as described above.

I am scheduled to take delivery tomorrow or more likely on Wednesday of this week. I am excited about the car but I am also getting more and more worried about the car after reading this forum for the last several weeks. What am I getting myself into? A great car? An expensive headache?

I have read opinions on the car such as: no car is perfect, all have issues etc. My Toyota NEVER had any issues whatsoever. It turned on and went and turned on again etc. This car is miles away from my Toyota as far as tech, but still. Cars should be able to perform the basics: turn on, go, charge (in this case) repeat.

So, like the title says - has anyone had nothing but smooth sailing?
I've had mine for a month and a couple of days. I love the car. The ride is smooth and quiet and so comfy. The climate setting is amazing for warming the car so quickly (if yours has that!).
I live in New England and it's handling the snow so well. The one pedal driving (OPD) is great - except in the snow (rumors this might be 'fixed' in upcoming OTA). Then it did a bit of slipping, but without OPD on, it handles beautifully in the snow.
The biggest issue I've had is the infotainment/app issues everyone's talking about. I picked up my car on a Tuesday night and that Wednesday none of the gps/lte stuff worked, then it all worked on Thursday. And that was the last day until a week ago tomorrow. I had an appointment with the local Volvo to take it in last Wednesday and I cancelled it after the whole thing started working again. (The app doesn't work - I'm stuck in the needing to delete the app and factory reset the infotainment - I'm not ready lol).
The worst part of the whole month: Okay, gps doesn't work - I just used my phone. But the Climate timers didn't work either and winter really set in (First World probs). Also, the Charge Limit would not work, so we did hit 100% a couple of times.
Now that all of it's working (minus the app), it's almost everything I wanted. When we test drove the XC40 TS5 (they didn't have any EV ones), the infotainment center had a lot more options (themes/backgrounds - just shiny things), and a few other settings that do not exist on this system. I hope those come in soon - I don't see why we didn't start with them as they are already in other cars.

Anyway - I love it, I don't regret buying it. I drive a lot - A month in and 1,700 miles. I've been reading the forums since last year I was so excited.

Discussion starter · #76 ·
you may need to clear the cache to get your app working again. try searching around the forum to figure out how to do that. i have done it but couldn't direct you to do the same.

also, don't be afraid of the factory reset. its not the big of a deal. just make sure you end ownership in the app before you do it...this is a big must.
I screwed that up once lol - that's why I have to do the reset. I may try it tomorrow when I have time - fingers crossed!

Aside from losing cellular connection, I've had no problems. And that only matters to me because I have a Spotify account and don't use my phone for Bluetooth media.

Other than that, cruise control, lane assist, 220 charging, phone application all work perfectly.

I just had to reset the system for the phone app to work properly.
How is the 220 charging at home? How long does it take to charge from 0 to 80 or 90%

61 - 80 of 167 Posts