Volvo XC40 Forum banner

Has anyone NOT had issues with the recharge?

40K views 166 replies 68 participants last post by  Greg S 
#1 ·
I am scheduled to take delivery tomorrow or more likely on Wednesday of this week. I am excited about the car but I am also getting more and more worried about the car after reading this forum for the last several weeks. What am I getting myself into? A great car? An expensive headache?

I have read opinions on the car such as: no car is perfect, all have issues etc. My Toyota NEVER had any issues whatsoever. It turned on and went and turned on again etc. This car is miles away from my Toyota as far as tech, but still. Cars should be able to perform the basics: turn on, go, charge (in this case) repeat.

So, like the title says - has anyone had nothing but smooth sailing?

Discussion starter · #72 ·
Are you trying to read the pressure while the car is parked?
Per the manual, it needs to be driven for a few minutes above 22mph to activate the system.
To be honest, I haven’t tried myself, I’ll have to check later when I take it out for a drive.
More excuses to take the **** car for a long drive ;)
yea, i just want to know the pressure in the tires. but, i am reading that may not be how the system works. i.e. there isn't a transmitter - rather, the works by comparing the tires rotational equivalency as you're driving. what a strange system. i may be wrong but i don't think i am.

Discussion starter · #76 ·
you may need to clear the cache to get your app working again. try searching around the forum to figure out how to do that. i have done it but couldn't direct you to do the same.