Volvo XC40 Forum banner

Has anyone NOT had issues with the recharge?

40K views 166 replies 68 participants last post by  Greg S 
Loving ours so far, but yeah, can’t say we haven’t had any problems. No trips to dealer but we’ve only had it for a month or so and 1500 km. Biggest issues are app, LTE connectivity sometimes not working (usually fixes itself), and when we picked it up the maps wouldn’t display in the driver’s screen but an infotainment re-boot fixed that. The car itself is amazing...we can just hope they keep the updates flowing and work out the bugs.

Tip: don't hit the logout button. Instead, just swipe down and press the upper left icon to choose another profile. Much faster to switch profiles that way.
Seems like we’ve had trouble with the profile switching too - we swipe down from the top, then it seems we have to log out - what is the “upper left icon”? Guess we may have to experiment. The only time it’s a problem is when we’re both driving and each have our own key and wrong person unlocks/opens door first, or it senses wrong key as we’re both standing by a door I guess. I usually find myself saying “let me unlock the car first” if I’m driving, or I stand back and say “you unlock the car” if my partner is driving. It would be nice if it could sense the position of the key/proximity to driver’s seat and automatically switch to that key/profile for the driver when they get into the car, regardless of who unlocked it first.

When we drive together (each with their own key) and need to switch profiles we swipe down and pick the profile of the person in driver's seat, no need to log out (for us anyway), works reliably enough, maybe not 100%, but definitely greater than 90%.

Though, to avoid having to switch profiles using the "swipe" technique, when I drive I typically lock/unlock the car with my key, mostly to make sure the seat is in the correct position before getting in.
Odd, seems like when we swipe down, it doesn't show a list of profiles to select...only offers the option to log out, then have to select new profile to log into. Will have to try it again and see exactly what's on the screen when swiping down next time.

After swiping down, touch the very upper left corner of the screen to see a drop-down list of profiles to select from.
EDIT: Sorry, maybe it is reversed if your steering wheel is not the same side as in the USA. (basically, choose the opposite side of the logout button)
Thanks will try it next time!

So what's the story with DAB radio missing? Here in Australia most of the review sites mention it. It's also mentioned in the Australian user manual here:
https://www.volvocars.com/au/support/manuals/xc40-recharge-pure-electric/2021w46/sound-media-and-internet/radio/radio

In the settings of the radio (as described above), I don't see any DAB options at all. I can only get FM radio broadcast stations.
Hmm, we automatically can get DAB stations when in range down in VIC, so it's definitely meant to be on the AUS cars...I can't recall if U need to do anything special, or they just come up??

Hmm ok. I do live away from the city so it's possible I'm not in range. For you - do they just suddenly appear when you are in range?

So the images shown there - I had that in the V60 loan car I've had for the last 2 months. It had a DAB radio icon and I could select it and see heaps of different stations. This was also running the Volvo Sensus software or whatever it's called. And I do admit - when I did see (and listen) to the DAB radio stations we were out on the road driving around. It wasn't at home where I am now trying to check this stuff.

In the XC40 - I can only see FM Radio stations and Spotify which I installed from the app store. There doesn't' seem to be a DAB radio station function. But I am only at home and quite possibly not in a coverage area, so this needs a bit more investigation.
Yes, the DAB stations will just appear, same as FM. When you go to radio, it will search and put up a list...the RH column will say FM or DAB. I think it may sort by that column first so DAB stations will be at the top of the list, but we are travelling now between Canberra and Daylesford today and no DAB stations out here or where we live. We see them when we get close to Melbourne.

Ok so.... I just found out - I may not have DAB, but you do. I asked on another forum and it seems the Polestar 2 people don't have DAB either. Someone said that early MY22 models got it, late MY22 models missed it (due to chip shortage), but it is coming back in MY23 models.

A few other people with late MY22 models also said they don't get DAB - which falls inline with my experience. I'm yet to double/triple check this - I'll need to go into the city and play around just to be sure to be sure. But I just don't get it as an option.

Are you able to share what your "Radio Settings" look like? If you have DAB options in there? Or do you get a DAB icon on your display where you can choose DAB radio vs FM radio?
Ok sorry about picture quality but the road isn't too smooth LOL. This is what we see when we go into Radio app, then touch the gear wheel icon at top right of screen. It has an on/off toggle for "DAB/FM linking" and we have that switched on. I guess you wouldn't see that option if your car doesn't have DAB.
Automotive tire Gadget Font Bumper Automotive exterior

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the EV battery, high voltage components and motors are covered for 8 years/160,000 km warranty. I tried to find that detail but I can't find it. Maybe ask to see the terms and conditions of the 8 year EV systems warranty and ask them to show you the details of what components are covered in that warranty. It's possible the onboard charger is included in the warranty, but maybe not. Worth arguing the point for sure.

Has anyone issues had with the charging unit. I have a XC40 Recharge P8 since beginning of 2021. Never had issues and this week 2 orange light (i and turtle) went on. The garage let me know this is the charging unit and as guarantee stopped just 2 months ago the requested coulance to Volvo. They will refund 60% of the costs but still leaves me with a repaircosts of around EUR 2000. This for a car that is just over 3 years old and has 55.000 km. Sounds to me something you would not expect from a quality brand. Look forward for your feedback.
OK I found this in the USA warranty booklet. Unfortunately it doesn't specifically mention the onboard charger, but it does say "high voltage battery system" and says "the following are some items covered"...so maybe you could argue the charger is part of the high voltage battery system (technically it is) therefore should be covered by the 8-year HV battery system warranty.
Font Screenshot Parallel Number Document