Volvo XC40 Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
I am 6 feet tall, and I was crazy and laid down the seats and laid myself down in the back at the dealer. You will have to put the seat way forward and have something to support your camp mattress in the space where the passengers put their feet. Something like a box etc. if you do that, it is sleepable IMO. I just haven’t done it.

im curious if the car can be tricked to leave the climate on in perpetuity.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge
1 Posts
2022 XC40 with software v2.1 only stayed on about one hour with a backpack in front seat. Disappointing. Was able to turn off all external and internal lights except the center and main display above steering wheel. Lost about 1% over the hour in a 95degree garage w/ cabin temp set to 70deg. Car was not plugged in.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
I am and have been 100 for dog mode. My pooch needs it (it would have to be 120% bug free for me to trust dogs life on it).

I wonder why they have not done it? It is such a Advertiseable feature. (What’s good for the world is good for your dog).

Any issue with liability re people leaving their kids in the car with ac on then it running out of power?

I just want the feature :)

·
Registered
White P8 aka ORKA * OTA V2.0 * MFD 1/21 * 20" ride.
978 Posts
Hmmm … now I’m not sure whether it actually stops running after 30 min or not. The VC app seems confused after remote-starting the Climate. Even hours later the car image still shows the “red” interior zone, indicating its in heat mode. And the climate button says “STOP” which would also indicate it’s running. But the Climate status says “Not Running”. Puzzling…
To my understanding....it's 30-Mins (at the beginning ).....and I'd TRAINED myself to go in and out of stores within 30-mins that I'm actually SAVING $ from not window shopping or buying things that i don't need !

However, lately, i DID notice that when I jump in the Car, it does give me the option on screen to "Stop" - I don't remember having that option to do so last year.

HHmm...... I'd have to experiment leaving it for OVER 30 mins to see if it actually auto-switches off after 30mins OR you now get the option to switch it off regardless of how long it's been on ?

HHmmm......

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
468 Posts
Camping mode (or dog mode) seems like it should be easy to implement. Maybe we can push for this in an update now that CarPlay is coming out.
Not to make anyone sad, this very subject came up during Volvo USA webinar last month. They specifically mentioned things like 'dog mode' and 'camping mode' will never be condoned by Volvo. It is unsafe to do any of those things in a vehicle. I therefore concluded that Volvo likely won't add that feature unless their vision changes.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Not to make anyone sad, this very subject came up during Volvo USA webinar last month. They specifically mentioned things like 'dog mode' and 'camping mode' will never be condoned by Volvo. It is unsafe to do any of those things in a vehicle. I therefore concluded that Volvo likely won't add that feature unless their vision changes.
I get that … was thinking the same. For my dog I leave the rear hatch open and her leashed (to one of the handy toe offs. If hit would leave a water bowl as well).

Reactions: mike1234

·
Registered
2022 Late XC40 Twin, 2017 BRZ
883 Posts
I guess that's fair. I suppose it's only a matter of time until something horrible happens to a dog (or child) because "dog mode" accidentally got turned off in a Tesla. Imagine the headlines.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts