Volvo XC40 Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XC40. P8
26 Posts
I was "inspired" by the recent Frunk comments. So I just removed the tire pump, tire sealant, tow hook and relocated them to the back storage. Removed the "child proof" diver and the foam storage underneath. Now why didn't Volvo think of that? Put all the tire "stuff" in the back in one foam-molded device? And I hope for the XC60 + 90 they invest in electric remote latches for the Frunk. So convenient in my Tesla for groceries, shopping, errands, etc to pop the Frunk and put stuff in there. A great place to put dirty things like plants, bags of mulch, etc. And the stuff I removed from the Frunk will be stored in my attic for when I turn the car back in after the lease, if I don't forget.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought my P8 on Sunday and took one look at the frunk and thought, this is small, can I make this a little bigger?

The answer is yes, a little.

The styrofoam tray is held in by two screws. I removed the screws and the foam tray and liner and put them on the shelf.

I relocated the tire slime, pump and tow hook to the cavity under the trunk floor next to the jack along with all of my road supplies.

Looks nice and clean now.

View attachment 1043 View attachment 1044 View attachment 1045 View attachment 1046
Nice mod. I like the idea and will try it. Have had my P8 10 days now, and just finished installing the 220v outlet and EVSE -- did first charge yesterday -- went flawlessly. Today I accessed my fuse boxes (under glovebox & under front hood panels) and 12v neg. & pos. conenctions. Not so easy accessing these -- not like the old days -- anyone else done this?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Today I accessed my fuse boxes (under glovebox & under front hood panels) and 12v neg. & pos. conenctions. Not so easy accessing these -- not like the old days -- anyone else done this?
Yes, last week I hardwired a dashcam to the one under the glove compartment. That fuse box isn't too bad to get to once you've learned how to access it. I haven't tried to access the one under the hood.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
6 Posts
I also removed the foam from the trunk and found that the enlarged space can be very handy for carrying drinks for my son's basketball team. I did lay a towel on the bottom to catch any condensation.

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ah, I think I get what you're trying to do. With the flat one, you can fit just a tad more stuff. I placed the P*2 cap on our P8 and it fits. However, because of the extra jog for the P8, the P8 cap won't fit on a P*2. If you're in the Seattle area, and you have a spare, let me know. I wouldn't mind using a flat one on both or either cars.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts