Volvo XC40 Forum banner
121 - 140 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Embarrassing but I drifted whilst fiddling with something ( a first time ) and the car avoided drifting over the line which might of risked hitting a barrier.

Thank you Margo.

I now have the steering control cruise control switches on and I activate it any time I briefly fiddle with anything or take a sip of water.

In Margo I trust.

·
Registered
White P8 aka ORKA * OTA V2.0 * MFD 1/21 * 20" ride.
989 Posts
...As the weather here starts to climb into the 90s, and someone prone to migraine (overwhelming heat, sudden change of temperature from say cool indoor to sauna-like car...)..... I'm extremely thankful for:
  • the ability to "Park" --> "Start cooling" --> Shut the door for errands less than 30 mins
  • for the most part, the App is working to allow pre-cooling before driving home. Work Parking areas do not have remotely any shades or covering from the sun, it's brutal when parked outside baked in the sun all day. The pre-cooling function helps so much ! AND makes me smile when i step into the car

·
Registered
854 Posts
...As the weather here starts to climb into the 90s, and someone prone to migraine (overwhelming heat, sudden change of temperature from say cool indoor to sauna-like car...)..... I'm extremely thankful for:
  • the ability to "Park" --> "Start cooling" --> Shut the door for errands less than 30 mins
  • for the most part, the App is working to allow pre-cooling before driving home. Work Parking areas do not have remotely any shades or covering from the sun, it's brutal when parked outside baked in the sun all day. The pre-cooling function helps so much ! AND makes me smile when i step into the car
You just reminded me I have to take my Emgality.

Related to your post, I found the preconditioning/cooling option very handy whenever I plan on vacuuming the inside of the car. Feels nice to clean the inside of the car while you get some fresh cool air.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Same I am very intolerant of heat. The pre cooling will be nice now the phone app actually works :)

many notice in max cooling difference with 2.1?

ha not that it is too late as I installed it but …

·
Registered
989 Posts
Same I am very intolerant of heat. The pre cooling will be nice now the phone app actually works :)

many notice in max cooling difference with 2.1?

ha not that it is too late as I installed it but …
I certainly did with the AC in general (Hopefully not just imagination). Last year, I almost took it o the dealer given clearly AC blasting at 62-64 didn't seem to be "cool" at all but I didn't have enough "data" or "trend" for Service Dept, certainly didn't want car to end up "staying overnight" for potentially weeks at a time until they "figure it out" -- at such time, cooler weather had rolled around so I'd dismissed the notion of taking it to the Dealer. Fast forward, since V1.8, I did notice an improvement that the Air was indeed "cooler" but i still wasn't convinced yet. Now, since V2.1 and weather easily is already in the 80s by 8-ish am...... it appears to be blasting "cool air" much, much faster....and my gauge has been set at 68 !!! Last year, at 62-64 it appears to be just "air" blasting, no "cool air"...

I'm STILL not convinced as of yet ! At time of 2.1 installation, my car was mostly in garage OR weather outdoor had been super nice to it's hard to gauge ... BUT today will be a good test -- all day outdoor, will get to feed how fast cool air kicks in set at 68 from the time I climb into the car..... tic toc !

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car

View attachment 3836

Went to car wash (picture above. Looking good for a year old Margo.

Went to drive off and the car refused to leave without my keys.

Thanks Margo hope you liked your bubble bath, waxing and tire gelling :)

·
Registered
854 Posts
I’m happy to have my car back. Dealer gave me an XC40 T5 as a loaner. It was a nice car to drive and mostly everything was very familiar.
But I really missed OPD, the acceleration, no shifting gears, the acceleration and the AAOS (didn’t like the sensus system at all).
I did notice that driving an EV actually made me a more fuel efficient driver. In the EV when leaving a stop or light you barely have to press the accelerator. That transferred to an ICE vehicle, you accelerate much smoother.

Reactions: improvius

·
Registered
Red 2022 Late XC40, Yellow 2017 BRZ
1,034 Posts
This is pretty juvenile, but... Guy in a Model X pulled up next to me at a light and thought he would blow past and merge ahead of me. Surprise! Not today, good sir.

I don't think he was trying to race or anything, he probably just assumed he would jump ahead and breeze past. Did not realize what he was next to. Anyway, don't worry: there was no road rage, and we both stopped accelerating when we reached a reasonable speed. In fact, we immediately passed a police car in the opposite lane, and nobody batted an eye. I just wish I could have seen his face when a VOLVO zipped past.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
516 Posts
This is pretty juvenile, but... Guy in a Model X pulled up next to me at a light and thought he would blow past and merge ahead of me. Surprise! Not today, good sir.
Isn't the 0-60 time for the Model X something like 3.8s? I gather that isn't enough for it to zip in front of you.

I was in a similar situation. While I was waiting at a traffic light, a loud souped-up pickup truck pulls next to me in a lane that ends in less than 400ft. It was clearly evident that he was expecting to smoke me in an effort to win the single lane ahead. I was determined not to endure his nasty exhaust. Sure enough, when the light turned green, he gunned it and then I gunned it after him -- intentionally so that he could see me swooshing past him. And that is what happened. All the noise went behind me and I was free to breath fresh air.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Ultimate
262 Posts
Isn't the 0-60 time for the Model X something like 3.8s? I gather that isn't enough for it to zip in front of you.

I was in a similar situation. While I was waiting at a traffic light, a loud souped-up pickup truck pulls next to me in a lane that ends in less than 400ft. It was clearly evident that he was expecting to smoke me in an effort to win the single lane ahead. I was determined not to endure his nasty exhaust. Sure enough, when the light turned green, he gunned it and then I gunned it after him -- intentionally so that he could see me swooshing past him. And that is what happened. All the noise went behind me and I was free to breath fresh air.
Yeah, the X was probably around 4ish, xc40 around 4.3 (according to car and driver). Both faster than most cars. Just silly.

·
Registered
Red 2022 Late XC40, Yellow 2017 BRZ
1,034 Posts

Yeah, I don't think he was doing a full-on launch. He probably just expected to get an easy jump, because how often is he going to line up next to a stupidly fast Volvo? I just wanted to give him a little surprise.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
Yeah, I don't think he was doing a full-on launch. He probably just expected to get an easy jump, because how often is he going to line up next to a stupidly fast Volvo? I just wanted to give him a little surprise.
Same happened to me. Only the Tesla changed to a ending lane as he was so sure he could zip ahead of this compact suv.

Margo was not having it and we left him behind. It retrospect I should not of especially as my body copes badly with adrenaline now but Margo will be Margo :)

Swooshes got to swoosh

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
1,136 Posts
Enjoying one of the few times it is clean, looks pretty good for a one year old black car that lives outside. I swore 20 years ago I would never again own a black car but it was on the lot and had every option including the hitch I needed and I'm not super patient.
View attachment 3941
Like the sticker! :)

·
Registered
989 Posts
On a recent business trip, I had the opportunity to ride in the Jag I-Pace......nice looking Car no doubt.....as a passenger front seat, I was not blown away by the internal layout..... and CERTAINLY didn't feel a "commanding" sitting position like Recharge..... I've absolutely loved the Recharge from Day 1 when I hopped into it.....the sitting position has such a "commanding" sitting position that I FEEL like I'm on top of the world ! Well, especially when I'm short to begin with..... For THAT alone being able to ride tall with great visibility around, I LOVE you again ORKA !

121 - 140 of 165 Posts