Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking they are going to squeeze maybe another 10 miles in range out of it due to the curved nose and sloped and swept tail. They need every mile of range they can get for a $60K car. My guess is they are trying to get it up to 220 miles. Makes it a tad more appealing when competing with cars at 250+. And my guess will make it closer to the ID.4 AWD range.

Reactions: BuzzyBud

·
Registered
50 Posts
I thought EPA was 210..

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don’t see that there was an EPA number listed, the web site says range to be released closer to sale.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don’t see that there was an EPA number listed, the web site says range to be released closer to sale.
every article i've read says 210.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh well, I would have thought the art improvements might have helped them more than 2 miles, but I guess not.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Oh well, I would have thought the art improvements might have helped them more than 2 miles, but I guess not.
same platform.. same battery pack.. not THAT much more aerodynamic than the XC40 Recharge, so I'm not surprised it's only 210. Software updates MIGHT be able to squeeze out a few more miles per charge, but I doubt you'll ever see 250 on this vehicle.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Car and Driver says 225 miles.

We have a 2022 XC40 Recharge and around town with a mix of 45-60 mph we get ~32.5kw/100mi which equates to around 230 miles on a full charge. I think a better route planner estimates 33.5kw/100mi at 65mph, so we're close to that in my estimation. On our trip from Houston to Lake Charles and back driving between 65-75 mph with AC running and tunes blasting we got ~35.5kw/100mi which equates to 211 miles on a full charge. I expect the C40 Recharge will do a little better. The aerodynamics on the C40 is about 4% better than the XC40 from what I've read, so if that equates to the same improvement in mileage I would expect 240 miles per charge in town, and 220 miles per charge on the freeway.

Keep in mind that the XC40 is white, and I ordered the C40 in Fjord Blue.....so that should get me another 25+ miles both city and freeway. Your mileage may vary!!! 😜

·
Registered
26 Posts

Answer: 226. 5 cycle EPA test (XC40 went through a 2 cycle test).
I don't understand the EPA chart that shows the Wh/mi for combined, city, and highway. They show 387, 359, and 421 respectively, and none of those figures work out to be 226 miles for a 75kwh battery. If you take our usable 75,000 Wh battery and divide that by their 226 combined miles figure you get ~332 Wh/mi for the Combined consumption, not 387 as they show in their chart. Maybe someone else here can clarify what the EPA is doing?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts